John Cogan Wade
Haught & Wade Law Firm
John Cogan WadeWhen John Wade was trying to decide where to go to college, his father told him, "If you can find a job that you can do well, enjoy doing it, and provide for your family at the same time, you have solved one of life's great mysteries."
Wade, 34, appears to have solved the mystery. He views his decision to join his father-in-law, Bill Haught, in his law practice as a "dream come 'true."
Wade deals exclusively with estate planning, an area of law that affects a broad range of clients because most successful individuals have significant estate planning needs. "The professional gratification derived from helping people achieve their goats keeps my work interesting and challenging," Wade said. "Certainly, if one can be enthusiastic about his career, he has a greater chance of being successful."
A native of Pine Bluff, Wade is a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy and the University of Arkansas School of Law. He received his master's degree from Georgetown University in 1994 and became a partner that same year.
A frequent lecturer on estate planning and taxation issues, Wade has also written on estate planning for the Arkansas Law Review and the Monthly Digest of Tax Articles and well as commentary for Arkansas Business.
Wade is chairman of the planned gift committee of the St. Vincent Development Foundation and has had active roles in the Arkansas Arts center and the Arkansas Children's Hospital Foundation.
- Little Rock Marriott Caps $16M Renovations with Relaunch Party
- Rod Ford: Little Rock Startup Scene Needs Capital
- Community Bankers Group Responds to Wal-Mart's GoBank Checking Accounts
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- County Clerk Cancels Leslie Rutledge's Voter Registration 16 hours ago
- Sager Sells Allens Properties to Jim Bob Duggar 3 days ago
- Frost Acquires Phoenix Accounting Firm 15 hours ago
- Little Rock Marriott Caps $16M Renovations with Relaunch Party 20 hours ago