Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Vice President of Operations
Allen Canning Co.
Josh AllenJosh Allen grew up on canned vegetables. Today, at 27, Allen works as the vice president of operations at Allen Canning Co. in Siloam Springs.
Allen has held several positions within the family-owned company, including delivering mail to various departments. He has spent the last two years as VPO, examining vegetable growth and packaging and dealing with the farmers. He also oversees 750 employees.
As the fourth generation to work at the canning company, Allen is most proud of earning the "respect of my associates and team members and the confidence from my father to handle such a large task. Right now, this is most important to me."
Allen's success in business is due to the people with whom he works, he said.
"If you're going to be a great leader or a coach, you have to surround yourself with great people and loyal people. You have to realize you can't do it yourself."
Since graduating from Southwest Missouri State University at Springfield with a business administration degree, Allen has been active on the board of directors of the Northwest Arkansas Radiation Therapy Institute. He also is a member of the University of Arkansas Executive Forum.
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- How A Trans-Atlantic Investment Scam Ensnared Credit Union President Joyce Judy 15 hours ago
- Arkansas' Biggest Deals of 2014 Soar While Value Slips 15 hours ago
- Windstream Names Lewis Langston CIO, Adds Other Senior Leaders 6 hours ago
- Landowners Seek Ruling On Oil Firm's Eminent Domain Powers 3 days ago
- In Arkansas, Rules Restrict e-Services By Physicians 15 hours ago