St. Bernards Medical Center
Chris BarberChris Barber was born at St. Bernards Medical Center in Jonesboro, landed an internship there and worked his way up to administrator.
Barber, 36, said he decided on a career in health care because it's always changing.
"We're in the business of taking care of people … and after a long day, you feel like you accomplished something," he said.
When Barber was in graduate school at Arkansas State University at Jonesboro, he considered going overseas to work but picked St. Bernards because of the "reputation of the organization, the culture and the mission [of the hospital]."
His philosophy on management is simple: Lead by example.
Away from the hospital, he's a member of the Greater Jonesboro Chamber of Commerce. Barber was part of the chamber team that helped bring Nestlé USA to the city.
What drove him to succeed "was just this internal desire to continue to achieve and expand your knowledge."
He got that desire to succeed from his parents.
"I grew up playing athletics, so I had a competitive nature at an early age," he said.
- FCC Media Bureau Says Parts of Sinclair/Allbritton Deal Would Violate Ownership Rules
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center
- After Supremes' Decision, Womack Urges Congress to Act on Online Sales Tax
- Recovery of Dassault Falcon Jet Benefits Arkansas 1 day ago
- Nearly $3 Million Still Sought in Rogers Bancshares Bankruptcy 1 day ago
- Wal-Mart's Costs Connected To Mexican Bribery Case Reach $400M 1 day ago
- Citizens Bank Puts Phil Baldwin To Work On Growth 1 day ago
- New Kanis Plaza Owner Arrives in $1.5M Sale (Real Deals) 1 day ago