St. Bernards Medical Center
Chris BarberChris Barber was born at St. Bernards Medical Center in Jonesboro, landed an internship there and worked his way up to administrator.
Barber, 36, said he decided on a career in health care because it's always changing.
"We're in the business of taking care of people … and after a long day, you feel like you accomplished something," he said.
When Barber was in graduate school at Arkansas State University at Jonesboro, he considered going overseas to work but picked St. Bernards because of the "reputation of the organization, the culture and the mission [of the hospital]."
His philosophy on management is simple: Lead by example.
Away from the hospital, he's a member of the Greater Jonesboro Chamber of Commerce. Barber was part of the chamber team that helped bring Nestlé USA to the city.
What drove him to succeed "was just this internal desire to continue to achieve and expand your knowledge."
He got that desire to succeed from his parents.
"I grew up playing athletics, so I had a competitive nature at an early age," he said.
- Report: FBI Investigating Turner Grain
- Student Entrepreneur's Doughnut Holes Available Soon at Spokes
- Video: Turner Grain Paid Farmer for Wheat But Not Corn
- Metro Builders Property Weighs In at $3.8 Million (Real Deals) 1 day ago
- Scooter Stuart's Tainted Assets Draw More Fire 1 day ago
- Dassault Falcon Jet to Break Ground on $60M Expansion in Little Rock 2 hours ago
- Greenway Picks 7 John Deere Dealerships in $112M Buy 1 day ago
- Newly Insured 'Private Option' Arkansans Present Challenges, Opportunities 1 day ago