St. Bernards Medical Center
Chris BarberChris Barber was born at St. Bernards Medical Center in Jonesboro, landed an internship there and worked his way up to administrator.
Barber, 36, said he decided on a career in health care because it's always changing.
"We're in the business of taking care of people … and after a long day, you feel like you accomplished something," he said.
When Barber was in graduate school at Arkansas State University at Jonesboro, he considered going overseas to work but picked St. Bernards because of the "reputation of the organization, the culture and the mission [of the hospital]."
His philosophy on management is simple: Lead by example.
Away from the hospital, he's a member of the Greater Jonesboro Chamber of Commerce. Barber was part of the chamber team that helped bring Nestlé USA to the city.
What drove him to succeed "was just this internal desire to continue to achieve and expand your knowledge."
He got that desire to succeed from his parents.
"I grew up playing athletics, so I had a competitive nature at an early age," he said.
- After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Cantrell Drug Agrees to Stop Making and Selling Drugs 15 hours ago
- New Hot Springs Agency Licensed in Wake of Alliance Meltdown 1 day ago
- Cogswell Motors Owner, Wife Found Dead 3 days ago
- Insurance Agent Berry Bishop Accused of Fraud, Misuse of Premium 4 days ago
- Alliance Insurance Agents Surprised by AID Order; Plan to Buy Insolvent Agency 3 days ago