St. Bernards Medical Center
Chris BarberChris Barber was born at St. Bernards Medical Center in Jonesboro, landed an internship there and worked his way up to administrator.
Barber, 36, said he decided on a career in health care because it's always changing.
"We're in the business of taking care of people … and after a long day, you feel like you accomplished something," he said.
When Barber was in graduate school at Arkansas State University at Jonesboro, he considered going overseas to work but picked St. Bernards because of the "reputation of the organization, the culture and the mission [of the hospital]."
His philosophy on management is simple: Lead by example.
Away from the hospital, he's a member of the Greater Jonesboro Chamber of Commerce. Barber was part of the chamber team that helped bring Nestlé USA to the city.
What drove him to succeed "was just this internal desire to continue to achieve and expand your knowledge."
He got that desire to succeed from his parents.
"I grew up playing athletics, so I had a competitive nature at an early age," he said.
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- SIG Sauer Finalizes Plans to Move to Jacksonville 15 hours ago
- Oreos, Apple and Core Knowledge (Craig Douglass On Consumers) 3 days ago
- AEDC Opens Bids for Advertising Contracts 18 hours ago
- Murphy Oil Reports 1Q Loss of $198M 9 hours ago
- Baptist Health Promotes 2 at North Little Rock Campus 17 hours ago