Vice president of Private Client Group
Bentley BlackmonWhen Bentley Blackmon ran his first marathon in 1990 - the Dallas White Rock marathon - it may have foreshadowed his method of conducting business.
Steady and sure, finish the race.
"Rather than push products that are the hot whatever, we diversify portfolios into several different asset classifications," Blackmon said. "The lessons of the last three years are to diversify and that asset allocation works."
In dipsy-doo economic times, such a philosophy has kept clients chugging away.
Before joining Stephens earlier this year, Blackmon had been at Morgan Stanley since early 1995. There, he and his team developed one of the country's leading wealth-management teams.
He's also found time to serve on the board of the National Kidney Foundation of Arkansas from 1996-2001 and is currently on the boards of the Centers for Youth and Families Foundation and the Ouachita Baptist University Business Alumni.
After graduating from De Queen High School, he earned a bachelor's from OBU in 1994 and an M.B.A. from Webster University.
- Six Walton Family Members Make Forbes Wealthiest List
- Previously Withheld Clinton Records Go Public Today
- Wal-Mart Buys Yumprint of Seattle
- Peco Foods Announces Northeast Arkansas Plant, 1,000 Jobs 1 hour ago
- Acumen's Goal: To Own the Southern Lifestyle Marketplace 11 hours ago
- WLR Retail Project Trails $1.8M Land Purchase (Real Deals) 11 hours ago
- After Traffic Jam, Arkansas Lawmakers Seek Answers From Highway Officials 4 hours ago
- Proposed Change in State Securities Law Out of Step With Neighboring States 11 hours ago