Vice president of Private Client Group
Bentley BlackmonWhen Bentley Blackmon ran his first marathon in 1990 - the Dallas White Rock marathon - it may have foreshadowed his method of conducting business.
Steady and sure, finish the race.
"Rather than push products that are the hot whatever, we diversify portfolios into several different asset classifications," Blackmon said. "The lessons of the last three years are to diversify and that asset allocation works."
In dipsy-doo economic times, such a philosophy has kept clients chugging away.
Before joining Stephens earlier this year, Blackmon had been at Morgan Stanley since early 1995. There, he and his team developed one of the country's leading wealth-management teams.
He's also found time to serve on the board of the National Kidney Foundation of Arkansas from 1996-2001 and is currently on the boards of the Centers for Youth and Families Foundation and the Ouachita Baptist University Business Alumni.
After graduating from De Queen High School, he earned a bachelor's from OBU in 1994 and an M.B.A. from Webster University.
- Video: Tyson Unveils New Corporate Logo, Growth Strategy at Conference
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- Broadway Bridge to Reopen Next Week 17 hours ago
- Democrat-Gazette Cuts Include Columnists Fellone and Haymes 1 day ago
- 'Bathroom Bill' Could Upend Arkansas Session (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 3 days ago
- Searcy Upgrades Infrastructure for Chance at New 'Power Center' for Shopping 3 days ago
- Video: Tyson Unveils New Corporate Logo, Growth Strategy at Conference 2 days ago