Owner and Pharmacist
Lowery Drug Marts and County Drug
Christy CampbellChristy Campbell, 39, feels she makes a difference in people's lives. Campbell's three pharmacies in Searcy offer health screenings, bone density tests and fittings for orthopedic shoes. Patients also may get annual flu and pneumonia vaccinations.
These services stem from Campbell's desire to run a patient-oriented business, which was stifled during four years she worked in retail pharmacies focused on the number of prescriptions filled.
"I'm trying to get (pharmacists) away from being seen as just pill-pushers," she said.
Serving the whole person has been the most rewarding aspect of her practice, said Campbell, who hopes to prove community pharmacies can relate to patients and compete with retail giants.
"In order for me to survive, I've got to come up with some service-oriented programs," she said.
In 1995, Campbell purchased Lowery Drug Mart No. 1 and No. 2, and a third location, County Drug, was built in 1997.
Campbell is a member in the Arkansas Pharmacists Association, the Searcy Chamber of Commerce and was named Arkansas Business and Professional Women's Young Careerist in 1995. She was pictured on the cover of Community Pharmacist magazine in 1999.
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Arkansas Business Presents the 40 Under 40 Class of 2016 6 days ago
- 'What If We're Wrong?' (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 6 days ago
- George's Inc. Names Chief Strategy and Commercial Officer 4 days ago
- Casino Campaign Announces Deal With Cherokee Nation 3 days ago
- El Dorado Board OKs Nearly $10M for Downtown Project 4 days ago