Owner and Pharmacist
Lowery Drug Marts and County Drug
Christy CampbellChristy Campbell, 39, feels she makes a difference in people's lives. Campbell's three pharmacies in Searcy offer health screenings, bone density tests and fittings for orthopedic shoes. Patients also may get annual flu and pneumonia vaccinations.
These services stem from Campbell's desire to run a patient-oriented business, which was stifled during four years she worked in retail pharmacies focused on the number of prescriptions filled.
"I'm trying to get (pharmacists) away from being seen as just pill-pushers," she said.
Serving the whole person has been the most rewarding aspect of her practice, said Campbell, who hopes to prove community pharmacies can relate to patients and compete with retail giants.
"In order for me to survive, I've got to come up with some service-oriented programs," she said.
In 1995, Campbell purchased Lowery Drug Mart No. 1 and No. 2, and a third location, County Drug, was built in 1997.
Campbell is a member in the Arkansas Pharmacists Association, the Searcy Chamber of Commerce and was named Arkansas Business and Professional Women's Young Careerist in 1995. She was pictured on the cover of Community Pharmacist magazine in 1999.
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Rejecting Amazon, Little Rock Launches New Campaign 3 days ago
- Prairie Wings Hunting Property Brings In High Price 4 years ago
- SPONSORED: Trucking Is Lifeline to the Nation 2 months ago
- City Mayor Among Group Buying Jacksonville Physical Therapy Office 4 days ago
- Majestic Death Looms Over Spa City 6 days ago