William Dillard III
William Dillard IIIBill Dillard III entered the family-controlled department store business in a Phoenix regional division in January 1994. Along the way to becoming a vice president of Dillard's Inc., he gained international experience in Hong Kong at William E. Connor Associates, a sourcing firm for manufacturing and retail companies.
He has also worked in buying, sales management, product development and merchandising, giving him the opportunity to put his legendary grandfather's philosophy to work: "Business without integrity isn't good business and in the long run won't be successful."
Dillard said he has also "more and more come to realize we're all created uniquely and creatively" and believes a manager's role is to bring out those qualities in employees to full positive impact.
Dillard has worked with Habitat for Humanity and the American Heart Association's Heart Walk. He's also part of a newly formed "common cause" community group at Fellowship Bible Church and supports Young Life.
Born and reared in Little Rock, Dillard graduated from Hall High School and attended the University of Texas at Austin, where he earned a bachelor's in history in 1993. He also earned an MBA from Kellogg Graduate School of Business at Northwestern University.
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale 18 hours ago
- A Wet State of Mind (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- Three More Banks Sue Dennis Smiley Over Loans 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Rickenbach Indictment Reveals More Details of One Bank Under Scooter Stuart 2 days ago