Simmons First Bank in El Dorado
Scott FifeScott Fife became interested in accounting while in high school. But he made a career adjustment after graduating from Northeast Louisiana University in Monroe with a bachelor's degree in accounting.
Instead of joining an accounting firm, the native of Strong (Union County) took a job as an auditor with Exchange Bank & Trust in El Dorado.
"I'm an avid turkey hunter, and tax time in April was going to interfere with that," Fife said.
He later worked as executive vice president at Citizens Bank of Strong and oversaw commercial lending at Citizens Bank of El Dorado.
In October 1994, Fife was named chief executive officer at Citizens First Bank in Fordyce. He received a 10 Outstanding Young Arkansans award in 1997 from the state chapter of the Jaycees.
Fife joined Simmons First Bank of El Dorado as executive vice president in May 1999. Last year, Fife was named president of the bank and elected to the board of directors.
He is a board member of the El Dorado Boys and Girls Club Board, and past civic work includes the Dallas County Museum Board and fund raising for the Boy Scouts of America.
- UA Graduate's Design for WWI Memorial Wins Competition
- Here Are the Arkansas Stores Wal-Mart Is Closing
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson Rings NYSE Opening Bell, Appears on CNBC, Fox Business
- Northwest Arkansas Makes Lonely Planet's Best in US List 4 days ago
- Glo Airlines Adds Direct Flights from Little Rock to Destin 3 days ago
- Tech Park Talks Timeline with KATV; Mary Good to Step Down 3 days ago
- AIA Merit Awards: SILO AR+D, Marlon Blackwell Architects, Polk Stanley Wilcox Architects 4 months ago
- Dollar Tree To Set Roots in Farmington 7 days ago