John T. Greer Jr.
Witsell Evans & Rasco
John T. Greer Jr.John Greer has been involved in some of the most well-known architectural projects in the state, but he doesn't start from scratch.
"Joy," Greer said, "comes with getting the opportunity to bring an old building back to life."
He has put his touch on such projects as the renovation of the Old State House Museum, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court-house and the Central High School Visitors Center in Little Rock among others. He is one of two architects on the Federal Courthouse expansion project in Little Rock.
Whether involved in his architectural projects or an equally impressive list of community activities, Greer said, "Whatever we do, it's not about ourselves." Saving buildings, preserving history and saving the environment helps others around us, he said.
Greer is a director and past president of Gaines House, a transitional living facility for women with mental disabilities. He also serves on the Little Rock Historic District Commission and is a past chairman. And he's a deacon and chairman of the personnel committee at Pulaski Heights Baptist Church.
The Arkadelphia native received his degree in architecture from Louisiana Tech University at Ruston.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Too Much Spending, Giving Force Osborne Family To Auction Assets 2 years ago
- Mike Ross, Asa Hutchinson Spar over Tax Cuts, Ads in Debate 15 hours ago
- Arkansas Business Honors 'Best Places to Work' 1 day ago
- Matt Lile Pleads Guilty to Embezzlement, Agrees to 1-Year Prison Sentence 22 hours ago
- Harrison Bank Files Lawsuit Against Dennis Smiley 1 day ago