John T. Greer Jr.
Witsell Evans & Rasco
John T. Greer Jr.John Greer has been involved in some of the most well-known architectural projects in the state, but he doesn't start from scratch.
"Joy," Greer said, "comes with getting the opportunity to bring an old building back to life."
He has put his touch on such projects as the renovation of the Old State House Museum, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court-house and the Central High School Visitors Center in Little Rock among others. He is one of two architects on the Federal Courthouse expansion project in Little Rock.
Whether involved in his architectural projects or an equally impressive list of community activities, Greer said, "Whatever we do, it's not about ourselves." Saving buildings, preserving history and saving the environment helps others around us, he said.
Greer is a director and past president of Gaines House, a transitional living facility for women with mental disabilities. He also serves on the Little Rock Historic District Commission and is a past chairman. And he's a deacon and chairman of the personnel committee at Pulaski Heights Baptist Church.
The Arkadelphia native received his degree in architecture from Louisiana Tech University at Ruston.
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Immigration Reform Now (Editorial) 7 hours ago
- 181 People Who Have Got the Power 7 hours ago
- Three More Restaurants Raise Bar on List of Mixed Drink Sales 1 week ago
- Value Place Hotel Visited by $4M Sale (Real Deals) 7 hours ago
- Big River Steel's John Correnti on Government's Role in Private-Sector Projects? 'Stay Out' 7 hours ago