John T. Greer Jr.
Witsell Evans & Rasco
John T. Greer Jr.John Greer has been involved in some of the most well-known architectural projects in the state, but he doesn't start from scratch.
"Joy," Greer said, "comes with getting the opportunity to bring an old building back to life."
He has put his touch on such projects as the renovation of the Old State House Museum, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court-house and the Central High School Visitors Center in Little Rock among others. He is one of two architects on the Federal Courthouse expansion project in Little Rock.
Whether involved in his architectural projects or an equally impressive list of community activities, Greer said, "Whatever we do, it's not about ourselves." Saving buildings, preserving history and saving the environment helps others around us, he said.
Greer is a director and past president of Gaines House, a transitional living facility for women with mental disabilities. He also serves on the Little Rock Historic District Commission and is a past chairman. And he's a deacon and chairman of the personnel committee at Pulaski Heights Baptist Church.
The Arkadelphia native received his degree in architecture from Louisiana Tech University at Ruston.
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- 20 in Their 20s: New Influentials of 2017 Take Courage, Drive and Heart to Every Corner of Arkansas 1 day ago
- Arkansas Heart Hospital Hires Chief Marketing Officer 21 hours ago
- Alton Bean Trucking Files for Bankruptcy 1 day ago
- Home BancShares Feels Effects of Hurricane Irma 1 day ago
- TSA Announces New Electronics Screening at Little Rock Airport 21 hours ago