Manager of Commercial and Industrial Accounts
Jay HartmanHouston native Jay C. Hartman moved to Little Rock to join Entergy Arkansas in 1989 after receiving an engineering degree from Prairie View A&M University at Prairie View, Texas.
Hartman, 37, has been with Entergy Arkansas ever since and has served as manager of commercial and industrial accounts in Little Rock since 2000. At the time, he was the youngest person in his division and had the shortest career span.
In 1999, he received an M.B.A. from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
His greatest achievement, he said, is being able to lead a group of people through a time of organizational changes, which often included losing workers and increasing work loads. Hartman showed his staff how to manage more work with fewer bodies and turned the department into an efficient team, he said.
Hartman is president of the National Society of Black Engineers Alumni Chapter where he helped develop a program encouraging minority high school students to pursue engineering and other technical fields.
Hartman also is president of the board of College of Business alumni at UALR, a member of the Transportation Advisory Council and a graduate of Leadership Greater Little Rock.
- Bentonville's Transformation Subject of Ad Age Spotlight
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Tom Cotton, Asa Hutchinson Lead Big in Arkansas Poll 8 hours ago
- Dennis Smiley's Wife Cynthia Files Chapter 7 Bankruptcy 1 day ago
- Brandon Barber Sentenced to 65 Months in Prison for Fraud, Money Laundering 2 days ago
- The Real Deficit Problem (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 4 days ago
- Simmons Foods to Close Northeast Oklahoma Poultry Plant 11 hours ago