Manager of Commercial and Industrial Accounts
Jay HartmanHouston native Jay C. Hartman moved to Little Rock to join Entergy Arkansas in 1989 after receiving an engineering degree from Prairie View A&M University at Prairie View, Texas.
Hartman, 37, has been with Entergy Arkansas ever since and has served as manager of commercial and industrial accounts in Little Rock since 2000. At the time, he was the youngest person in his division and had the shortest career span.
In 1999, he received an M.B.A. from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
His greatest achievement, he said, is being able to lead a group of people through a time of organizational changes, which often included losing workers and increasing work loads. Hartman showed his staff how to manage more work with fewer bodies and turned the department into an efficient team, he said.
Hartman is president of the National Society of Black Engineers Alumni Chapter where he helped develop a program encouraging minority high school students to pursue engineering and other technical fields.
Hartman also is president of the board of College of Business alumni at UALR, a member of the Transportation Advisory Council and a graduate of Leadership Greater Little Rock.
- Bloomberg: Wal-Mart Looking to Rein In Expenses
- Memphis' Soul Fish Cafe Headed to Little Rock
- Tom Dalton: ARK Challenge Will Continue
- Little Rock's Original Fern Bar: How Buster's Birthed Dave & Buster's 2 days ago
- Ex-LR Schools Chief Dexter Suggs Loses Doctorate Amid Plagiarism Question 8 hours ago
- USA Truck Executive Leaves Company to Stay in Dallas 1 day ago
- Sins of Commission And Omission (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- Southern Bancorp Community Partners Raises $2.5M to Expand Loans 5 hours ago