Manager of Commercial and Industrial Accounts
Jay HartmanHouston native Jay C. Hartman moved to Little Rock to join Entergy Arkansas in 1989 after receiving an engineering degree from Prairie View A&M University at Prairie View, Texas.
Hartman, 37, has been with Entergy Arkansas ever since and has served as manager of commercial and industrial accounts in Little Rock since 2000. At the time, he was the youngest person in his division and had the shortest career span.
In 1999, he received an M.B.A. from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
His greatest achievement, he said, is being able to lead a group of people through a time of organizational changes, which often included losing workers and increasing work loads. Hartman showed his staff how to manage more work with fewer bodies and turned the department into an efficient team, he said.
Hartman is president of the National Society of Black Engineers Alumni Chapter where he helped develop a program encouraging minority high school students to pursue engineering and other technical fields.
Hartman also is president of the board of College of Business alumni at UALR, a member of the Transportation Advisory Council and a graduate of Leadership Greater Little Rock.
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches
- Turner Grain Merchandising Files $25M Bankruptcy 23 hours ago
- Turner Grain Collapse Prompts Legislation 23 hours ago
- Crye-Leike Adopts New Safety Rules After Beverly Carter Death 2 days ago
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 6 days ago
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas 1 day ago