Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Cindy HovisIn high school, Cindy Hovis was voted most likely to succeed.
Other students "thought I was very driven and determined," said the 38-year-old senior manager at BKD LLP in Little Rock.
After taking a few accounting classes in high school, Hovis realized she wanted to be an accountant.
"I liked the analytical aspects of it," she said. "It sounded interesting and fun to do."
Through BKD, Hovis was outsourced as chief financial officer for Vice President Al Gore's unsuccessful 2000 presidential campaign, which had a budget of about $80 million.
During the campaign, Hovis still maintained her duties at BKD and commuted from Tennessee to Little Rock every other weekend.
Out of the office, Hovis can be found at Arkansas State University at Jonesboro, where she graduated with a bachelor's degree in accounting, assisting its Business Advisory Council to bring a master's degree program in accounting to the school.
She also is a member of the Centurion Circle, which raises money for the Centers for Youth and Family projects.
Hovis' greatest influence was her mother. "She just taught me to strive to be independent, think for yourself and work hard," Hovis said.
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- Arkansas Senate Panel Advances Plan for Medicaid Compromise 14 hours ago
- Innovate Arkansas Bringing Iron Yard Coding School to Little Rock 2 days ago
- Who Owns Customer Service? (Jim Karrh On Marketing) 3 days ago
- Ron Maxwell Named Deputy Tourism Director For State Parks 21 hours ago
- Arkansas Education Board to Consider Takeover of Little Rock Schools 21 hours ago