Entrepreneur and Family Practice Resident
Northwest Arkansas Family Medicine
John JamesJohn James thought the questions his Benton High School team received in the state Quiz Bowl championship in 1993 didn't measure the students' true knowledge. So he started a company to provide questions.
James' Champions Quiz Preparation now sells questions to about 3,000 schools across the country, resulting in $250,000 in annual sales.
With profits from the company, James paid his way through the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville and medical school at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock.
In November 2001, while still in school, James and his brother started grillstuff.com, a Web site that sells grill products online. Other Internet businesses soon followed, including saferacer.com and outdoorabode.com. Together the companies account for $3 million-$4 million in sales annually.
James lets others handle the day-to-day operations of the companies while he focuses on being a doctor.
After his residency at Northwest Arkansas Family Medicine, James said he will open his own family practice office in northwest Arkansas in July 2004.
James said he tries to put God first and "everything else seems to flow from that."
- Reports: Wal-Mart Nabs Another Shopping App, Luvocracy
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Rick Crawford Among 5 to Oppose VA Overhaul Measure 9 hours ago
- NERA Study: EPA Regs Would Cost Arkansas Jobs, Millions in Compliance 6 hours ago
- Arkansas Business Presents the 2014 Power List 4 days ago
- Whataburger On Way to Fayetteville (NWA Real Deals) 4 days ago
- Home BancShares Announces Purchase of Another Florida Bank 1 day ago