Entrepreneur and Family Practice Resident
Northwest Arkansas Family Medicine
John JamesJohn James thought the questions his Benton High School team received in the state Quiz Bowl championship in 1993 didn't measure the students' true knowledge. So he started a company to provide questions.
James' Champions Quiz Preparation now sells questions to about 3,000 schools across the country, resulting in $250,000 in annual sales.
With profits from the company, James paid his way through the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville and medical school at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock.
In November 2001, while still in school, James and his brother started grillstuff.com, a Web site that sells grill products online. Other Internet businesses soon followed, including saferacer.com and outdoorabode.com. Together the companies account for $3 million-$4 million in sales annually.
James lets others handle the day-to-day operations of the companies while he focuses on being a doctor.
After his residency at Northwest Arkansas Family Medicine, James said he will open his own family practice office in northwest Arkansas in July 2004.
James said he tries to put God first and "everything else seems to flow from that."
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Startup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- Arkansas Women's Hall of Fame Inducts 10 for 2017 Class 19 hours ago
- Health Care Demands Push Growth of NLR's Travel Nurse 1 day ago
- Walton Family Foundation Awards $454.4M in Grants in 2016 19 hours ago
- Arkansas Blue Cross & Blue Shield Tops Big Private Companies List 1 day ago
- Developer: Jonesboro Hyatt Convention Center Moving Forward 18 hours ago