Director of Economic Development
Conway Development Corp.
Brad LacyBrad Lacy may be Conway's biggest cheerleader.
As director of economic development at Conway Development Corp., Lacy works to bring new business and industry to the area. He sings the city's praises, hoping companies join him.
"I'm the guy who gets to wake up every morning and sell it," said Lacy, who also serves as the secretary/treasurer of the corporation.
In his third year at CDC, Lacy is working toward shifting the city's economy from manufacturing to a more balanced base. To do this, he's recruiting students and technology-based job seekers to the college town.
"If I can play a small part and make Conway one of those destinations where young people can come to school but stay and find a job after they graduate, I will feel that I have been successful professionally," he said.
Under Lacy's direction, the CDC has donated $300,000 to the University of Central Arkansas' computer science department to help recruit faculty and students to the city.
Lacy currently serves as the vice president of the UCA Alumni Association and on the board of directors at the Boys and Girls Club of Faulkner County.
- After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Cogswell Motors Owner, Wife Found Dead 3 days ago
- New Hot Springs Agency Licensed in Wake of Alliance Meltdown 1 day ago
- Coulson Oil to Build New Headquarters in NorthShore Business Park 1 day ago
- Cantrell Drug Agrees to Stop Making and Selling Drugs 8 hours ago
- Insurance Agent Berry Bishop Accused of Fraud, Misuse of Premium 3 days ago