Director of Economic Development
Conway Development Corp.
Brad LacyBrad Lacy may be Conway's biggest cheerleader.
As director of economic development at Conway Development Corp., Lacy works to bring new business and industry to the area. He sings the city's praises, hoping companies join him.
"I'm the guy who gets to wake up every morning and sell it," said Lacy, who also serves as the secretary/treasurer of the corporation.
In his third year at CDC, Lacy is working toward shifting the city's economy from manufacturing to a more balanced base. To do this, he's recruiting students and technology-based job seekers to the college town.
"If I can play a small part and make Conway one of those destinations where young people can come to school but stay and find a job after they graduate, I will feel that I have been successful professionally," he said.
Under Lacy's direction, the CDC has donated $300,000 to the University of Central Arkansas' computer science department to help recruit faculty and students to the city.
Lacy currently serves as the vice president of the UCA Alumni Association and on the board of directors at the Boys and Girls Club of Faulkner County.
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas 3 hours ago
- University of Arkansas Alumna Gives $600k to Alma Mater 22 hours ago
- Home BancShares Completes Purchase of Broward Financial 3 hours ago
- Interim Director for Arkansas Prisons Named 6 hours ago
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M 4 hours ago