Director of Economic Development
Conway Development Corp.
Brad LacyBrad Lacy may be Conway's biggest cheerleader.
As director of economic development at Conway Development Corp., Lacy works to bring new business and industry to the area. He sings the city's praises, hoping companies join him.
"I'm the guy who gets to wake up every morning and sell it," said Lacy, who also serves as the secretary/treasurer of the corporation.
In his third year at CDC, Lacy is working toward shifting the city's economy from manufacturing to a more balanced base. To do this, he's recruiting students and technology-based job seekers to the college town.
"If I can play a small part and make Conway one of those destinations where young people can come to school but stay and find a job after they graduate, I will feel that I have been successful professionally," he said.
Under Lacy's direction, the CDC has donated $300,000 to the University of Central Arkansas' computer science department to help recruit faculty and students to the city.
Lacy currently serves as the vice president of the UCA Alumni Association and on the board of directors at the Boys and Girls Club of Faulkner County.
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center
- After Supremes' Decision, Womack Urges Congress to Act on Online Sales Tax
- WSJ Examines Mark Pryor, Tom Cotton Senate Race
- #ARWX: Homes, Businesses Without Power; Flights Canceled at LIT, XNA 1 hour ago
- Update: John Stacks, Banker and Owner of Mountain Pure Water, Indicted on 11 Counts 4 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 1 year ago
- ASU Gets 2 Proposals for On-Campus Convention Center, Hotel 24 hours ago
- Randy Veach Re-Elected as Arkansas Farm Bureau President 1 hour ago