Director of Economic Development
Conway Development Corp.
Brad LacyBrad Lacy may be Conway's biggest cheerleader.
As director of economic development at Conway Development Corp., Lacy works to bring new business and industry to the area. He sings the city's praises, hoping companies join him.
"I'm the guy who gets to wake up every morning and sell it," said Lacy, who also serves as the secretary/treasurer of the corporation.
In his third year at CDC, Lacy is working toward shifting the city's economy from manufacturing to a more balanced base. To do this, he's recruiting students and technology-based job seekers to the college town.
"If I can play a small part and make Conway one of those destinations where young people can come to school but stay and find a job after they graduate, I will feel that I have been successful professionally," he said.
Under Lacy's direction, the CDC has donated $300,000 to the University of Central Arkansas' computer science department to help recruit faculty and students to the city.
Lacy currently serves as the vice president of the UCA Alumni Association and on the board of directors at the Boys and Girls Club of Faulkner County.
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- Walnut Ridge, Others See Development Boost from I-57 Designation 12 hours ago
- Slideshow: Robinson Center's Renovation Poised for October Completion 5 days ago
- 10 Startups Chosen For FinTech Accelerator Launching May 16 2 days ago
- Update: Sun Paper of China Picks Clark County for $1.3B Pulp Mill 3 days ago
- John Glasgow to Dillard's: ‘Call Off the Dogs' 2 years ago