Vice President of Finance
Arkansas Science and Technology Authority
Les LaneIn overseeing the allocation of state funds to high-tech and knowledge-based companies, Les Lane is right where he wants to be.
"At some point, we may not directly benefit, but now is the time to turn our state into a technology economy," Lane said.
As vice president of finance for the Arkansas Science and Technology Authority, Lane helps those emerging companies that lack the assets or means of getting traditional bank loans.
He has served as co-chairman of the Arkansas Venture Capital Forum, which was formed to boost the state's competitive position by supporting companies with venture capital, angel investing and support services.
Lane serves on the board of Alt Consulting of Memphis, which supports entrepreneurship in the underdeveloped areas of the Delta region. And he is active with the Technology Resource Foundation of Memphis, which attempts to stimulate biotechnology industries in the region.
He also serves as president of the Arkansas Technology Transfer Society, which helps companies take ideas developed in university labs and turn them into commercial projects.
- CinemaCon 2015 Will Have an Arkansas Flavor
- Wal-Mart Commends Asa Hutchinson for Work on HB1228
- Wal-Mart Is Now Calling for a Veto of HB1228
- Widespread Growth Seen in Northwest Arkansas 6 days ago
- USA Truck CEO Paid $1.4M in Total Compensation in 2014 1 day ago
- Slideshow: Inside Robinson Center's $68 Million Renovation Project 6 days ago
- Windstream Spinoff CS&L to Begin Trading on Monday 1 day ago
- Humor Warms Bench in John Rogers Court Case 6 days ago