Vice President of Finance
Arkansas Science and Technology Authority
Les LaneIn overseeing the allocation of state funds to high-tech and knowledge-based companies, Les Lane is right where he wants to be.
"At some point, we may not directly benefit, but now is the time to turn our state into a technology economy," Lane said.
As vice president of finance for the Arkansas Science and Technology Authority, Lane helps those emerging companies that lack the assets or means of getting traditional bank loans.
He has served as co-chairman of the Arkansas Venture Capital Forum, which was formed to boost the state's competitive position by supporting companies with venture capital, angel investing and support services.
Lane serves on the board of Alt Consulting of Memphis, which supports entrepreneurship in the underdeveloped areas of the Delta region. And he is active with the Technology Resource Foundation of Memphis, which attempts to stimulate biotechnology industries in the region.
He also serves as president of the Arkansas Technology Transfer Society, which helps companies take ideas developed in university labs and turn them into commercial projects.
- The Capital Hotel Opens One Eleven at the Capital
- Reports: APEX Tool to Close Springdale Plant That Employs 250
- Reports: Wal-Mart Nabs Another Shopping App, Luvocracy
- NLR Woman Pleads Guilty to $1M Payroll Fraud 20 hours ago
- Bruce Oakley To Give Turner Grain Money To Judge 2 days ago
- Windstream Holdings COO Brent Whittington to Resign 22 hours ago
- 8 Farmers File Fraud Lawsuit Against Turner Grain 46 mins ago
- Clinton National Airport Reveals $20M Concourse Renovation Plans 21 hours ago