Vice President of Finance
Arkansas Science and Technology Authority
Les LaneIn overseeing the allocation of state funds to high-tech and knowledge-based companies, Les Lane is right where he wants to be.
"At some point, we may not directly benefit, but now is the time to turn our state into a technology economy," Lane said.
As vice president of finance for the Arkansas Science and Technology Authority, Lane helps those emerging companies that lack the assets or means of getting traditional bank loans.
He has served as co-chairman of the Arkansas Venture Capital Forum, which was formed to boost the state's competitive position by supporting companies with venture capital, angel investing and support services.
Lane serves on the board of Alt Consulting of Memphis, which supports entrepreneurship in the underdeveloped areas of the Delta region. And he is active with the Technology Resource Foundation of Memphis, which attempts to stimulate biotechnology industries in the region.
He also serves as president of the Arkansas Technology Transfer Society, which helps companies take ideas developed in university labs and turn them into commercial projects.
- Video: Here's How I-30 Would Look After Widening
- Report: Alice Walton Is Selling Out of the Cutting Horse Business
- Crittenden County Voters OK Tax Increase to Reopen Hospital
- Video: Here's How I-30 Would Look After Widening 1 day ago
- Parents Sue Fayetteville School District Over Girls' Sports 3 days ago
- AEDC Director's Wife Hired as Anchor for SSN Media 3 days ago
- Tim Griffin: Changes Needed to Common Core Standards 2 days ago
- Low Oil Prices Drive Murphy to $73.8M Quarterly Loss 19 hours ago