Director of College Relations and Marketing
Pulaski Technical College
North Little Rock
Carol LangstonCarol Langston has plenty to show for almost seven years of promoting Pulaski Technical College, whether she'll take credit for it or not.
"When I got here, we were at 1,600 [students], and now we're at almost 5,800," she said. "I don't know that I did anything. I think it was a team effort."
During her tenure, the school be-came accredited. It had only converted from a vocational-technical school to a two-year college a few years before she arrived.
"I think the community was just ready for us," Langston said.
And Langston was ready for the community. She is a graduate of Leadership Greater Little Rock and immediate past president of Downtown Business and Professional Women of Little Rock. She is on the boards of directors of both the North Little Rock and Jacksonville chambers of commerce and is a member of five other chambers - including the Little Rock Regional chamber, where she chairs the Business After Hours Committee.
Her passion, she said, is public education, and her professional philosophy is, "Let's make it fun, but let's work hard."
The Louisiana native is a graduate of Salem High School and Arkansas State University at Jonesboro.
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Adviser's Cash Withdrawals Lead Feds to Sportsbook in Rogers 7 days ago
- UPDATE: Four KARK Employees Fired In Video Aftermath; Nexstar VP Apologizes 7 years ago
- Arkansas Women's Hall of Fame: Dr. Joanna Seibert, Health Care Pioneer 7 days ago
- Indian Mall Site in Jonesboro Sold to Memphis Group; Redevelopment Planned 2 days ago
- Arkansas Gets First Medical Pot Dispensary Application 2 days ago