Director of College Relations and Marketing
Pulaski Technical College
North Little Rock
Carol LangstonCarol Langston has plenty to show for almost seven years of promoting Pulaski Technical College, whether she'll take credit for it or not.
"When I got here, we were at 1,600 [students], and now we're at almost 5,800," she said. "I don't know that I did anything. I think it was a team effort."
During her tenure, the school be-came accredited. It had only converted from a vocational-technical school to a two-year college a few years before she arrived.
"I think the community was just ready for us," Langston said.
And Langston was ready for the community. She is a graduate of Leadership Greater Little Rock and immediate past president of Downtown Business and Professional Women of Little Rock. She is on the boards of directors of both the North Little Rock and Jacksonville chambers of commerce and is a member of five other chambers - including the Little Rock Regional chamber, where she chairs the Business After Hours Committee.
Her passion, she said, is public education, and her professional philosophy is, "Let's make it fun, but let's work hard."
The Louisiana native is a graduate of Salem High School and Arkansas State University at Jonesboro.
- UCA Narrows President Applicants to 8
- Asa Hutchinson Weighs In On Trump Comments
- Waltons Among Forbes' Top 20 Richest
- Dallas Company Buys Sears, Doctors Hospital Site for $44M 4 days ago
- A Power Line to Nowhere (Julie Morton Commentary) 7 days ago
- Egg-Producing Flock Destruction Continues 7 days ago
- Report: Arkansas Medical Pot Plan Costs More Than It Raises 3 days ago
- Zips Car Wash of Jonesboro Acquires Boomerang Car Wash 2 months ago