Director of College Relations and Marketing
Pulaski Technical College
North Little Rock
Carol LangstonCarol Langston has plenty to show for almost seven years of promoting Pulaski Technical College, whether she'll take credit for it or not.
"When I got here, we were at 1,600 [students], and now we're at almost 5,800," she said. "I don't know that I did anything. I think it was a team effort."
During her tenure, the school be-came accredited. It had only converted from a vocational-technical school to a two-year college a few years before she arrived.
"I think the community was just ready for us," Langston said.
And Langston was ready for the community. She is a graduate of Leadership Greater Little Rock and immediate past president of Downtown Business and Professional Women of Little Rock. She is on the boards of directors of both the North Little Rock and Jacksonville chambers of commerce and is a member of five other chambers - including the Little Rock Regional chamber, where she chairs the Business After Hours Committee.
Her passion, she said, is public education, and her professional philosophy is, "Let's make it fun, but let's work hard."
The Louisiana native is a graduate of Salem High School and Arkansas State University at Jonesboro.
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- More Indictments Expected in Ecclesia Kickback Case 1 day ago
- Rock Capital to Develop $16M-$17M Downtown Little Rock Hotel 3 days ago
- Staying in Searcy Fits Youthful Tastes 1 day ago
- Collision Center Buy Tops $2.5 Million (Real Deals) 1 day ago
- Making the Tough Calls (Barry Goldberg On Leadership) 1 day ago