Northeast Regional Operations Manager
Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Tim McCallTim McCall doesn't like being called a politician. He'd rather be called a community servant.
McCall was the only incumbent member of the Jonesboro City Council to defeat a challenger in last November's election.
Although McCall never had political aspirations, in 1999 he ran for alderman because "I've been taught the importance of giving something back," he said. "I just wanted to be a part of making things better."
On the council, he's chairman of the Public Service Committee that oversees parks and recreation, cemeteries and sanitation services.
After McCall received his master's degree in mass communication from Arkansas State University at Jonesboro in May 1994, he stayed in town to become director of promotions and community relations for KAIT-TV, Channel 8.
He went to work for Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Jonesboro in 1996.
In his spare time, McCall directs the televised Sunday service at First Baptist Church in Jonesboro. He is also the president of Friends of the Library.
"Everything that I'm involved in is about helping youth and the community," he said.
- After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement 3 days ago
- Baltz Fired, Standridge Laid Off at CARTI 4 days ago
- Judge Declares Marijuana Commission's Application Scores 'Null and Void' 1 day ago
- Fed Report: Examiners Tried to Remove Goldens Years Before Bank Failure 7 hours ago
- Ace Glass Invests Nearly $4M In New Facility 1 day ago