Northeast Regional Operations Manager
Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Tim McCallTim McCall doesn't like being called a politician. He'd rather be called a community servant.
McCall was the only incumbent member of the Jonesboro City Council to defeat a challenger in last November's election.
Although McCall never had political aspirations, in 1999 he ran for alderman because "I've been taught the importance of giving something back," he said. "I just wanted to be a part of making things better."
On the council, he's chairman of the Public Service Committee that oversees parks and recreation, cemeteries and sanitation services.
After McCall received his master's degree in mass communication from Arkansas State University at Jonesboro in May 1994, he stayed in town to become director of promotions and community relations for KAIT-TV, Channel 8.
He went to work for Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Jonesboro in 1996.
In his spare time, McCall directs the televised Sunday service at First Baptist Church in Jonesboro. He is also the president of Friends of the Library.
"Everything that I'm involved in is about helping youth and the community," he said.
- Reuters Goes Inside Serco, the Obamacare Hub in Rogers That Employs 1,600
- Online Advertisers Back Mark Pryor, Other Democrats
- The Robinson Vote: A Rebuttal to Our Editorial by Mark Abernathy
- Bank Directors Predict More Mergers, Acquisitions in 2014 4 days ago
- Reuters Goes Inside Serco, the Obamacare Hub in Rogers That Employs 1,600 3 hours ago
- Arvest Plans Consumer Sentiment Survey for Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma 4 hours ago
- VIC Portfolio Company Announces Patent for Brain Health Product 4 hours ago
- Cooper Clinic Sues Mercy Over Recruitment Tactics 2 weeks ago