United Way of Fort Smith Area
Angela TilleyAngela Tilley has been president of the state's third-largest United Way agency since 2001, when she was promoted after five years as the nonprofit's campaign director.
United Way of Fort Smith raises funds for distribution to 29 other nonprofit organizations and also provides funding to various other organizations for emergency or emerging needs.
"Our United Way raises $2.4 million on an annual basis, and we have a total staff of five and a half employees," Tilley said.
Tilley, a native of Russellville, graduated from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville in 1989 with a bachelor's in communication.
She went to work as an assistant clubhouse manager for the Bella Vista Property Owners Association. "That's when I realized I needed to be part of a community," she said.
She took a job with the Rogers Chamber of Commerce and after three years moved to Fort Smith to work for the United Way.
Tilley is a graduate of Leadership Fort Smith and Leadership Rogers. She serves on the Fort Smith Transit Commission and the Crawford and Sebastian County FEMA Board and is an officer of the Arkansas United Way Chief Professionals.
- Six Walton Family Members Make Forbes Wealthiest List
- Previously Withheld Clinton Records Go Public Today
- Wal-Mart Buys Yumprint of Seattle
- Commission Investigates Judge Mike Maggio's Web Postings 18 hours ago
- Mike Beebe Names 44 to Boards, Commissions 16 hours ago
- Underground Tunnels Challenge Hot Springs Engineers from Past to Present 4 weeks ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- QU-BD Hears Complaints From All Sides Over 3-D Printer Pre-orders 4 days ago