United Way of Fort Smith Area
Angela TilleyAngela Tilley has been president of the state's third-largest United Way agency since 2001, when she was promoted after five years as the nonprofit's campaign director.
United Way of Fort Smith raises funds for distribution to 29 other nonprofit organizations and also provides funding to various other organizations for emergency or emerging needs.
"Our United Way raises $2.4 million on an annual basis, and we have a total staff of five and a half employees," Tilley said.
Tilley, a native of Russellville, graduated from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville in 1989 with a bachelor's in communication.
She went to work as an assistant clubhouse manager for the Bella Vista Property Owners Association. "That's when I realized I needed to be part of a community," she said.
She took a job with the Rogers Chamber of Commerce and after three years moved to Fort Smith to work for the United Way.
Tilley is a graduate of Leadership Fort Smith and Leadership Rogers. She serves on the Fort Smith Transit Commission and the Crawford and Sebastian County FEMA Board and is an officer of the Arkansas United Way Chief Professionals.
- THV 11 News: Vilonia Business Reopens After Tornado
- Clinton Family Remembers Oscar de la Renta
- Social Media Reactions to Final Gubernatorial Debate
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 2 days ago
- Turner Grain Close to Filing $25M Bankruptcy 1 day ago
- Tom Cotton and Me (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- Top College Officials See Sizable Pay Raises 2 days ago
- UA Confronts Old Infrastructure to Make Campus Wireless 2 days ago