Chief Financial Officer
Hill Crawford Lanford
Andrew LaGroneAndrew LaGrone comes by his business acumen honestly. He was born to a third-generation banking family in Hope.
LaGrone, 33, came to work at Hill Crawford & Lanford in 1986 as chief financial officer, overseeing compliance, accounting and finance.
Though offered that job at the tender age of 25, LaGrone he doesn't feel he's a success yet.
"I don't think there are a lot of geniuses out there," LaGrone said, "Some people just work harder than others, and whatever I've accomplished in my career has been a result of hard work.
Success or not, LaGrone is proud of having achieved the recent designation of chartered financial analyst. This required him to pursue a three-year program of independent study, and CFA represents a significant level of distinction within the finance community. There are only 30-40 CFAs in Arkansas.
"I think we all can tell the difference between right and wrong, and maybe success is knowing we're doing more right things than wrong things,"' he said.
- Bloomberg: Verizon Communications to Shed Regional Offices
- Video: Doug McMillon Talks Changes, US Economy on CNBC
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Georgia-Pacific's Crossett Mill On Front Line of Tissue Wars 2 days ago
- Scott Inman to Leave KATV in Early 2016 6 hours ago
- Simmons First Unveils Plan to Move Pine Bluff Forward 23 hours ago
- Jury Convicts Oklahoma Man for Defrauding Broyles Foundation 8 hours ago
- Gary Rickenbach Offers Conditional Guilty Plea in One Bank Case 5 hours ago