Barbara L. Pardue
Director of Public Affairs for Arkansas
Barbara L. PardueBarbara Pardue's career has taken her from politics to public affairs. But whether she's been in Arkansas, Michigan or Washington, D.C., she's been at the top of her field.
She spent more than 10 years in politics, including serving as press secretary for former Gov. Frank White and for George Bush's 1988 presidential campaign. In public affairs, she's been a vice president for Kelly Services Inc. in Troy, Mich. And, since 1993, she's been Potlatch Corp.'s director of public affairs in Arkansas.
Her duties include media relations, employee communications, lobbying at the state Legislature and directing Potlatch's annual charitable contributions in Arkansas.
"I believe your integrity and honesty with people are the most important values you can carry into anything you do," Pardue, 38, said.
Pardue serves on the boards of the Arkansas Council on Economic Education, the Warren-Bradley County YMCA and the Bradley County Industrial Development Corp. and is involved with Winrock International and the Prescott and McGehee chambers of commerce.
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- Wal-Mart Investment in Solar Energy Transforms Industry 1 week ago
- Arkansas' Model Medicaid Experiment, the Private Option, in Jeopardy 21 hours ago
- Allen Kerr Named Insurance Commissioner; Sheila Sharp Retained as Community Correction Director 24 hours ago
- Prudent Planning Pays Off for Cooper Communities 3 days ago
- Budget Problems Force Cuts at World Services for the Blind 2 days ago