Barbara L. Pardue
Director of Public Affairs for Arkansas
Barbara L. PardueBarbara Pardue's career has taken her from politics to public affairs. But whether she's been in Arkansas, Michigan or Washington, D.C., she's been at the top of her field.
She spent more than 10 years in politics, including serving as press secretary for former Gov. Frank White and for George Bush's 1988 presidential campaign. In public affairs, she's been a vice president for Kelly Services Inc. in Troy, Mich. And, since 1993, she's been Potlatch Corp.'s director of public affairs in Arkansas.
Her duties include media relations, employee communications, lobbying at the state Legislature and directing Potlatch's annual charitable contributions in Arkansas.
"I believe your integrity and honesty with people are the most important values you can carry into anything you do," Pardue, 38, said.
Pardue serves on the boards of the Arkansas Council on Economic Education, the Warren-Bradley County YMCA and the Bradley County Industrial Development Corp. and is involved with Winrock International and the Prescott and McGehee chambers of commerce.
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Waltons Check in at No. 1 on Forbes 'Richest American Families' List
- The Home of Outrageous Service (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- Mike Beebe Appoints 43 to State Boards, Commissions 1 day ago
- Arkansas Venture Center Names Operations Team 8 hours ago
- With Rollin' Smoke, Arkansas Natives Rock BBQ World in Las Vegas 2 days ago
- NLR Sports Memorabilia Dealer John Rogers Sued for Missed Payment 3 days ago