Barbara L. Pardue
Director of Public Affairs for Arkansas
Barbara L. PardueBarbara Pardue's career has taken her from politics to public affairs. But whether she's been in Arkansas, Michigan or Washington, D.C., she's been at the top of her field.
She spent more than 10 years in politics, including serving as press secretary for former Gov. Frank White and for George Bush's 1988 presidential campaign. In public affairs, she's been a vice president for Kelly Services Inc. in Troy, Mich. And, since 1993, she's been Potlatch Corp.'s director of public affairs in Arkansas.
Her duties include media relations, employee communications, lobbying at the state Legislature and directing Potlatch's annual charitable contributions in Arkansas.
"I believe your integrity and honesty with people are the most important values you can carry into anything you do," Pardue, 38, said.
Pardue serves on the boards of the Arkansas Council on Economic Education, the Warren-Bradley County YMCA and the Bradley County Industrial Development Corp. and is involved with Winrock International and the Prescott and McGehee chambers of commerce.
- This Week in Tyson: EPA Investigates; Hillshire Deal Delayed Again
- Jerry Jones' Dallas Cowboys Top $3B in Value
- The Capital Hotel Opens One Eleven at the Capital
- Butch Calhoun Requests Assistance for Turner Grain Farmers 20 hours ago
- $50M Revitalization Plan Aims To Turn El Dorado into Cultural Mecca 2 days ago
- Johnny Allison Donates $5M to Arkansas State Athletics Department 16 hours ago
- Trinity Renewed: Keller Links Health of Episcopal Church to Community 2 days ago
- ADW Capital Takes 3 Percent Stake in USA Truck, Calls for CEO's Ouster 2 days ago