The Prudential Hawks Realty
Diana GrissomDiana Grissom and her husband, Lanny, were warned about the perils of opening a startup real estate firm when they moved to Conway in October 1983.
A decade later, they've built The Prudential Hawks Realty into the largest residential real estate firm in Faulkner County.
Real estate grabbed her attention while attending Arkansas State University in Jonesboro. Grissom was drawn to the field because of the interactions she had with people instead of sitting at a computer key board, the focal point of a part-time job she had while attending college.
"My father gave me the opportunity to open up a business, and I chose real estate," the 33-year-old said.
The career move as a 21-year-old college student sidetracked her three-and-a-half year pursuit of a marketing degree, but she hasn't looked back.
Grissom keeps busy with volunteer work in addition to managing 27 full-time real estate agents and a support staff of seven.
Her 7-year-old and 2-year-old often accompany her during civic rounds, which include children's projects with the Junior Auxiliary of Conway.
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Video: ARK Challenge Concludes Fourth Run in Little Rock
- The Hop Diner is Closing; At the Corner Opening in Its Place
- Windstream to Cut 350 Positions, 38 In Arkansas, by December 22 hours ago
- Warren Stephens' Halifax Media Sells to New York Firm 6 hours ago
- Grub's Bar & Grille Expands to Fort Smith 5 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff 1 day ago