The Prudential Hawks Realty
Diana GrissomDiana Grissom and her husband, Lanny, were warned about the perils of opening a startup real estate firm when they moved to Conway in October 1983.
A decade later, they've built The Prudential Hawks Realty into the largest residential real estate firm in Faulkner County.
Real estate grabbed her attention while attending Arkansas State University in Jonesboro. Grissom was drawn to the field because of the interactions she had with people instead of sitting at a computer key board, the focal point of a part-time job she had while attending college.
"My father gave me the opportunity to open up a business, and I chose real estate," the 33-year-old said.
The career move as a 21-year-old college student sidetracked her three-and-a-half year pursuit of a marketing degree, but she hasn't looked back.
Grissom keeps busy with volunteer work in addition to managing 27 full-time real estate agents and a support staff of seven.
Her 7-year-old and 2-year-old often accompany her during civic rounds, which include children's projects with the Junior Auxiliary of Conway.
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- Chris Masingill Responds to Trump Budget, Which Would End DRA
- Here Are the Draft Rules for Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, Cultivators
- Conway Booms, Setting Retail Records 3 days ago
- Zombies Beware: Pine Bluff Is Rising 3 days ago
- Arkansas Panel Backs Gun Ban at Stadiums After SEC Plea 1 day ago
- Homer's Restaurant Family Feud Heats Up 3 days ago
- Scholarships for Retail Development (J. Cliff McKinney Commentary) 3 days ago