The Prudential Hawks Realty
Diana GrissomDiana Grissom and her husband, Lanny, were warned about the perils of opening a startup real estate firm when they moved to Conway in October 1983.
A decade later, they've built The Prudential Hawks Realty into the largest residential real estate firm in Faulkner County.
Real estate grabbed her attention while attending Arkansas State University in Jonesboro. Grissom was drawn to the field because of the interactions she had with people instead of sitting at a computer key board, the focal point of a part-time job she had while attending college.
"My father gave me the opportunity to open up a business, and I chose real estate," the 33-year-old said.
The career move as a 21-year-old college student sidetracked her three-and-a-half year pursuit of a marketing degree, but she hasn't looked back.
Grissom keeps busy with volunteer work in addition to managing 27 full-time real estate agents and a support staff of seven.
Her 7-year-old and 2-year-old often accompany her during civic rounds, which include children's projects with the Junior Auxiliary of Conway.
- Reuters Goes Inside Serco, the Obamacare Hub in Rogers That Employs 1,600
- Online Advertisers Back Mark Pryor, Other Democrats
- The Robinson Vote: A Rebuttal to Our Editorial by Mark Abernathy
- Bank Directors Predict More Mergers, Acquisitions in 2014 4 days ago
- Reuters Goes Inside Serco, the Obamacare Hub in Rogers That Employs 1,600 6 hours ago
- Arvest Plans Consumer Sentiment Survey for Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma 6 hours ago
- VIC Portfolio Company Announces Patent for Brain Health Product 6 hours ago
- Cooper Clinic Sues Mercy Over Recruitment Tactics 2 weeks ago