The Prudential Hawks Realty
Diana GrissomDiana Grissom and her husband, Lanny, were warned about the perils of opening a startup real estate firm when they moved to Conway in October 1983.
A decade later, they've built The Prudential Hawks Realty into the largest residential real estate firm in Faulkner County.
Real estate grabbed her attention while attending Arkansas State University in Jonesboro. Grissom was drawn to the field because of the interactions she had with people instead of sitting at a computer key board, the focal point of a part-time job she had while attending college.
"My father gave me the opportunity to open up a business, and I chose real estate," the 33-year-old said.
The career move as a 21-year-old college student sidetracked her three-and-a-half year pursuit of a marketing degree, but she hasn't looked back.
Grissom keeps busy with volunteer work in addition to managing 27 full-time real estate agents and a support staff of seven.
Her 7-year-old and 2-year-old often accompany her during civic rounds, which include children's projects with the Junior Auxiliary of Conway.
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- Thinking Big Rigs, Arkansas Company Cleans Up 1 day ago
- Riverfest to Return Memorial Day Weekend 5 days ago
- Jonesboro Native, Former Ambassador: Isolationism Not An Option 3 days ago
- Erin Brogdon Pleased With Intersection of Legal Work, City Connections 6 days ago
- Medicaid Plan's Fate Uncertain as Arkansas Lawmakers Convene 6 days ago