KTVE-TV, Channel 10
Don HaleDon Hale likes to be "in the know," so what better place for him to be than a television station?
"This is one of the most exciting businesses I can think of," Hale said. "I like being part of the decision making when it comes to how we present news. The responsibility to the community is awesome."
That's doubly true for KTVE-TV, Channel 10, which serves two communities: southern Arkansas and northern Louisiana. The station has offices in both El Dorado and Monroe, La.
"You take an issue like the [proposed] Interstate 69," Hale said. "People in Louisiana want it to run through Monroe, and people in south Arkansas want it in El Dorado. You serve both interests by playing the story objectively, right down the middle."
Spoken like a veteran media specialist, yet Hale, 39, is new to the field: He came to the station about a year ago after several years in the office equipment business.
"I still have a lot to learn about the broadcasting business," he said, "but I learned early on that the key to success in any field is surrounding yourself with good people."
- FCC Media Bureau Says Parts of Sinclair/Allbritton Deal Would Violate Ownership Rules
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center
- After Supremes' Decision, Womack Urges Congress to Act on Online Sales Tax
- Recovery of Dassault Falcon Jet Benefits Arkansas 22 hours ago
- Nearly $3 Million Still Sought in Rogers Bancshares Bankruptcy 22 hours ago
- Wal-Mart's Costs Connected To Mexican Bribery Case Reach $400M 22 hours ago
- Citizens Bank Puts Phil Baldwin To Work On Growth 22 hours ago
- New Kanis Plaza Owner Arrives in $1.5M Sale (Real Deals) 22 hours ago