Vice President and CFO
CDI Contractors Inc.
Kevin WheelerWhen asked what he thinks his most important achievements are, Kevin Wheeler is remarkably reticent. He's not one to blow his own horn.
But after a few minutes he thinks of two things that make him proud.
"There's a national publication, the Engineering News Record, that ranks contractors," Wheeler said. "Our first year in business, 1987, they ranked CDI No. 365 of 400 companies. Last year we were No. 103.
"I think that gives a sense of our growth over the last few years."
But Wheeler, 32, would point to his 2-year-old son, Austin, as his principal success.
"He's my most important achievement," Wheeler said.
When he's not working at CDI, Wheeler finds time to support various community organizations such as the Special Olympics and more recently the American Heart Association.
How does he account for his company's success? Wheeler's response is typically understated:
"We're always trying to find a better way of doing what we're doing. We just try to learn from others' examples and innovate when we can."
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Video: Watch Tom Cotton's Republican National Convention Speech
- Gatehouse Shake-Up Ousts Two Arkansas Publishers 7 hours ago
- Johnny Allison Plays Market for Gains After Brexit 'Bank Sale' 4 days ago
- Lawyer Drops Appeal of Ethics Decision on Arkansas Treasurer 1 day ago
- Maria Markham Recommended as New Director of Department of Higher Education 1 day ago
- Banker Randy Scott Plays Part on East Arkansas Farm Team 4 days ago