Vice President and CFO
CDI Contractors Inc.
Kevin WheelerWhen asked what he thinks his most important achievements are, Kevin Wheeler is remarkably reticent. He's not one to blow his own horn.
But after a few minutes he thinks of two things that make him proud.
"There's a national publication, the Engineering News Record, that ranks contractors," Wheeler said. "Our first year in business, 1987, they ranked CDI No. 365 of 400 companies. Last year we were No. 103.
"I think that gives a sense of our growth over the last few years."
But Wheeler, 32, would point to his 2-year-old son, Austin, as his principal success.
"He's my most important achievement," Wheeler said.
When he's not working at CDI, Wheeler finds time to support various community organizations such as the Special Olympics and more recently the American Heart Association.
How does he account for his company's success? Wheeler's response is typically understated:
"We're always trying to find a better way of doing what we're doing. We just try to learn from others' examples and innovate when we can."
- After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- The Rep, Citing Low Ticket Sales, Charitable Giving, Will Suspend Operations 1 day ago
- Nabholz Names Joint COOs, Remakes Company Structure 1 day ago
- Two Banks Allege $2.4M in Fraud by Arkadelphia Insurance Agent Berry Bishop 1 day ago
- Debt Discharged for Lex and Ellen Golden 3 days ago
- Tax Questions Dog Candidate For Garland County District Judgeship 3 days ago