Vice President and CFO
CDI Contractors Inc.
Kevin WheelerWhen asked what he thinks his most important achievements are, Kevin Wheeler is remarkably reticent. He's not one to blow his own horn.
But after a few minutes he thinks of two things that make him proud.
"There's a national publication, the Engineering News Record, that ranks contractors," Wheeler said. "Our first year in business, 1987, they ranked CDI No. 365 of 400 companies. Last year we were No. 103.
"I think that gives a sense of our growth over the last few years."
But Wheeler, 32, would point to his 2-year-old son, Austin, as his principal success.
"He's my most important achievement," Wheeler said.
When he's not working at CDI, Wheeler finds time to support various community organizations such as the Special Olympics and more recently the American Heart Association.
How does he account for his company's success? Wheeler's response is typically understated:
"We're always trying to find a better way of doing what we're doing. We just try to learn from others' examples and innovate when we can."
- Wal-Mart Cheered, Jeered for Solar Power Efforts
- State of the South Report Cites Innovation Hub as Key to Arkansas Growth
- THV 11 News: Vilonia Business Reopens After Tornado
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 3 days ago
- Tom Cotton and Me (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- One Bank Takes Claims Against David Crews to Federal Bankruptcy Court 3 days ago
- Thomas Longe Appointed to Home BancShares Board of Directors 1 day ago
- Top College Officials See Sizable Pay Raises 3 days ago