Michael R. Hutchinson
Public Relations Director
City of Little Rock
Michael R. HutchinsonFor Michael Hutchinson, one of the best things about his job is the variety.
"Every day is different here at City Hall - especially in the public relations department," he said.
Hutchinson's day could include writing speeches, compiling brochures and pamphlets, putting together the city calendar and representing the mayor at various functions.
"It goes without saying that to do this job you need strong people skills," Hutchinson said.
Hutchinson also thinks it's important to do the small things as well as the more high-profile jobs.
"People frequently call us to ask for information." Hutchinson said. "Once a lady phoned to ask where a certain gas station was located. She had a credit card and they had moved.
"I just told her to look on the back of the card for the 800 number, and the problem was solved."
Hutchinson, 33, began working for the city as a volunteer and subsequently was appointed assistant to then-Mayor Lottie Shackelford in 1987. He has been public relations director since 1992.
- Bloomberg: Verizon Communications to Shed Regional Offices
- Video: Doug McMillon Talks Changes, US Economy on CNBC
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Prep Continues as David's Burgers Flips River Market Location 1 day ago
- Aircraft Interior Solutions Awaits FAA Review of Innovative Seat 1 day ago
- AEDC Names Jeff Moore Director of Marketing, Communications 15 hours ago
- Red Roof Inn Sale Tops $2.8 Million (Real Deals) 1 day ago
- ABC Approves First Package Permits for Saline County Liquor Stores 1 day ago