Michael R. Hutchinson
Public Relations Director
City of Little Rock
Michael R. HutchinsonFor Michael Hutchinson, one of the best things about his job is the variety.
"Every day is different here at City Hall - especially in the public relations department," he said.
Hutchinson's day could include writing speeches, compiling brochures and pamphlets, putting together the city calendar and representing the mayor at various functions.
"It goes without saying that to do this job you need strong people skills," Hutchinson said.
Hutchinson also thinks it's important to do the small things as well as the more high-profile jobs.
"People frequently call us to ask for information." Hutchinson said. "Once a lady phoned to ask where a certain gas station was located. She had a credit card and they had moved.
"I just told her to look on the back of the card for the 800 number, and the problem was solved."
Hutchinson, 33, began working for the city as a volunteer and subsequently was appointed assistant to then-Mayor Lottie Shackelford in 1987. He has been public relations director since 1992.
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Arkansas Business Presents the 40 Under 40 Class of 2016 7 days ago
- 'What If We're Wrong?' (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 7 days ago
- Conner Eldridge Tests State's Gun Stance in Senate Bid (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 8 hours ago
- More Million-Dollar Homes Sold in Pulaski County During 2013 2 years ago
- Casino Campaign Announces Deal With Cherokee Nation 3 days ago