Mimi San Pedro
Senior Vice President/Director of Corporate Account Services
Stone & Ward
Mimi San PedroIt was an accident that Mimi San Pedro is even in the advertising business.
San Pedro graduated from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock with a degree in computer science and was planning to go to law school when a friend, the wife of Steve Holcomb - president of Mangan/Holcomb & Partners - said San Pedro had "the personality to do well in advertising."
San Pedro admits to having "no skills in art, and I didn't think I could write copy. But I can sell, and I have good organizational skills."
So she went to work at Mangan/Holcomb as traffic director and later to the Brooks-Pollard agency as a junior account executive on the Worthen Bank account.
When Worthen jumped to what was then Resnick Stone & Ward, San Pedro jumped, too, as the account executive. She's been climbing the corporate ladder ever since.
"I've been working hard," San Pedro said. "But I like being given both opportunities and challenges."
A fan of the fine arts, San Pedro calls her work with the Arkansas Repertory Theatre and Arkansas Symphony Orchestra "my pride and joy."
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- Governor Signs Pharmacy Benefit Manager Bill into Law 2 days ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Wants Name Change: Bank OZK 1 day ago
- Stock Awards Boost Comp for Simmons First Executives 1 day ago
- Manila Company Claims Assets of $100 in Bankruptcy 5 days ago
- George Gleason Pay Rises to $6.9M 12 hours ago