Mimi San Pedro
Senior Vice President/Director of Corporate Account Services
Stone & Ward
Mimi San PedroIt was an accident that Mimi San Pedro is even in the advertising business.
San Pedro graduated from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock with a degree in computer science and was planning to go to law school when a friend, the wife of Steve Holcomb - president of Mangan/Holcomb & Partners - said San Pedro had "the personality to do well in advertising."
San Pedro admits to having "no skills in art, and I didn't think I could write copy. But I can sell, and I have good organizational skills."
So she went to work at Mangan/Holcomb as traffic director and later to the Brooks-Pollard agency as a junior account executive on the Worthen Bank account.
When Worthen jumped to what was then Resnick Stone & Ward, San Pedro jumped, too, as the account executive. She's been climbing the corporate ladder ever since.
"I've been working hard," San Pedro said. "But I like being given both opportunities and challenges."
A fan of the fine arts, San Pedro calls her work with the Arkansas Repertory Theatre and Arkansas Symphony Orchestra "my pride and joy."
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- SIG Sauer Finalizes Plans to Move to Jacksonville 1 day ago
- Windstream Reports $232M 1Q Loss on Impairment Charge 11 hours ago
- Oreos, Apple and Core Knowledge (Craig Douglass On Consumers) 4 days ago
- Hot Springs Tourism Chief Steve Arrison Offers His Conventional Wisdom 4 days ago
- AEDC Opens Bids for Advertising Contracts 2 days ago