Mimi San Pedro
Senior Vice President/Director of Corporate Account Services
Stone & Ward
Mimi San PedroIt was an accident that Mimi San Pedro is even in the advertising business.
San Pedro graduated from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock with a degree in computer science and was planning to go to law school when a friend, the wife of Steve Holcomb - president of Mangan/Holcomb & Partners - said San Pedro had "the personality to do well in advertising."
San Pedro admits to having "no skills in art, and I didn't think I could write copy. But I can sell, and I have good organizational skills."
So she went to work at Mangan/Holcomb as traffic director and later to the Brooks-Pollard agency as a junior account executive on the Worthen Bank account.
When Worthen jumped to what was then Resnick Stone & Ward, San Pedro jumped, too, as the account executive. She's been climbing the corporate ladder ever since.
"I've been working hard," San Pedro said. "But I like being given both opportunities and challenges."
A fan of the fine arts, San Pedro calls her work with the Arkansas Repertory Theatre and Arkansas Symphony Orchestra "my pride and joy."
- Bloomberg: Verizon Communications to Shed Regional Offices
- Video: Doug McMillon Talks Changes, US Economy on CNBC
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Georgia-Pacific's Crossett Mill On Front Line of Tissue Wars 3 days ago
- Rosewood Brings Retro Style to Hearses 3 days ago
- Update: Tech Park, Richard Mays Settle on Price 1 day ago
- Update: Scott Inman to Leave KATV in Early 2016, Join GenWealth 2 days ago
- Frank, Judy Fletcher Give UA $600K for Entrepreneurial Course 2 days ago