Mimi San Pedro
Senior Vice President/Director of Corporate Account Services
Stone & Ward
Mimi San PedroIt was an accident that Mimi San Pedro is even in the advertising business.
San Pedro graduated from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock with a degree in computer science and was planning to go to law school when a friend, the wife of Steve Holcomb - president of Mangan/Holcomb & Partners - said San Pedro had "the personality to do well in advertising."
San Pedro admits to having "no skills in art, and I didn't think I could write copy. But I can sell, and I have good organizational skills."
So she went to work at Mangan/Holcomb as traffic director and later to the Brooks-Pollard agency as a junior account executive on the Worthen Bank account.
When Worthen jumped to what was then Resnick Stone & Ward, San Pedro jumped, too, as the account executive. She's been climbing the corporate ladder ever since.
"I've been working hard," San Pedro said. "But I like being given both opportunities and challenges."
A fan of the fine arts, San Pedro calls her work with the Arkansas Repertory Theatre and Arkansas Symphony Orchestra "my pride and joy."
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Crittenden Regional Hospital Files Chapter 7 Bankruptcy 23 hours ago
- Court Formalizes Settlement With Banks Over Dennis Smiley Assets 1 day ago
- Update: AP Withdraws Story About Leslie Rutledge Letter 23 hours ago
- U.S. Marshals Museum Gets $5M Pledge 5 hours ago
- CHI St. Vincent to Expand WLR Campus 1 day ago