Mimi San Pedro
Senior Vice President/Director of Corporate Account Services
Stone & Ward
Mimi San PedroIt was an accident that Mimi San Pedro is even in the advertising business.
San Pedro graduated from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock with a degree in computer science and was planning to go to law school when a friend, the wife of Steve Holcomb - president of Mangan/Holcomb & Partners - said San Pedro had "the personality to do well in advertising."
San Pedro admits to having "no skills in art, and I didn't think I could write copy. But I can sell, and I have good organizational skills."
So she went to work at Mangan/Holcomb as traffic director and later to the Brooks-Pollard agency as a junior account executive on the Worthen Bank account.
When Worthen jumped to what was then Resnick Stone & Ward, San Pedro jumped, too, as the account executive. She's been climbing the corporate ladder ever since.
"I've been working hard," San Pedro said. "But I like being given both opportunities and challenges."
A fan of the fine arts, San Pedro calls her work with the Arkansas Repertory Theatre and Arkansas Symphony Orchestra "my pride and joy."
- Here Are the Draft Rules for Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, Cultivators
- Video: Tyson Unveils New Corporate Logo, Growth Strategy at Conference
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax
- Windstream, EarthLink Stockholders Approve Merger 1 day ago
- Here Are the Draft Rules for Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, Cultivators 2 days ago
- UCA Announces $1M Endowment for Study Abroad Programs 3 months ago
- Sources: Wal-Mart to Combine Buys for Online, In-Store Inventory 2 weeks ago
- Bridgeway Hospital Sells for $17.3 Million (Real Deals) 2 years ago