Mimi San Pedro
Senior Vice President/Director of Corporate Account Services
Stone & Ward
Mimi San PedroIt was an accident that Mimi San Pedro is even in the advertising business.
San Pedro graduated from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock with a degree in computer science and was planning to go to law school when a friend, the wife of Steve Holcomb - president of Mangan/Holcomb & Partners - said San Pedro had "the personality to do well in advertising."
San Pedro admits to having "no skills in art, and I didn't think I could write copy. But I can sell, and I have good organizational skills."
So she went to work at Mangan/Holcomb as traffic director and later to the Brooks-Pollard agency as a junior account executive on the Worthen Bank account.
When Worthen jumped to what was then Resnick Stone & Ward, San Pedro jumped, too, as the account executive. She's been climbing the corporate ladder ever since.
"I've been working hard," San Pedro said. "But I like being given both opportunities and challenges."
A fan of the fine arts, San Pedro calls her work with the Arkansas Repertory Theatre and Arkansas Symphony Orchestra "my pride and joy."
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Judge Bobby McCallister to Resign Dec. 15 1 day ago
- Tesla Aims to Electrify Big Rigs; Wal-Mart, J.B. Hunt Want In 2 days ago
- Goodwill Arkansas Names Brian Marsh President, CEO 2 days ago
- Jeff Krupsaw Offers 'Human Side' of Democrat-Gazette Layoffs 6 days ago
- Bret Bielema's Future in Question After Jeff Long's Firing 3 days ago