Mimi San Pedro
Senior Vice President/Director of Corporate Account Services
Stone & Ward
Mimi San PedroIt was an accident that Mimi San Pedro is even in the advertising business.
San Pedro graduated from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock with a degree in computer science and was planning to go to law school when a friend, the wife of Steve Holcomb - president of Mangan/Holcomb & Partners - said San Pedro had "the personality to do well in advertising."
San Pedro admits to having "no skills in art, and I didn't think I could write copy. But I can sell, and I have good organizational skills."
So she went to work at Mangan/Holcomb as traffic director and later to the Brooks-Pollard agency as a junior account executive on the Worthen Bank account.
When Worthen jumped to what was then Resnick Stone & Ward, San Pedro jumped, too, as the account executive. She's been climbing the corporate ladder ever since.
"I've been working hard," San Pedro said. "But I like being given both opportunities and challenges."
A fan of the fine arts, San Pedro calls her work with the Arkansas Repertory Theatre and Arkansas Symphony Orchestra "my pride and joy."
- Report: Queen Wilhelmina Delays Cost $11.5M
- Watch The '60 Minutes' Report on Data Brokers Here
- Six Walton Family Members Make Forbes Wealthiest List
- Peco Foods Announces Northeast Arkansas Plant, 1,000 Jobs 12 hours ago
- Updated: Winner, Loser in Simmons Charters Consolidation 23 hours ago
- Ballet Arkansas Names New Executive Director 12 hours ago
- Acumen's Goal: To Own the Southern Lifestyle Marketplace 23 hours ago
- WLR Retail Project Trails $1.8M Land Purchase (Real Deals) 23 hours ago