Nancy Bellhouse May
Wright Lindsey & Jennings
Nancy Bellhouse MayWhen her father died suddenly in Maine earlier this month, Nancy Bellhouse May said at the memorial service, "I grew up in a home in which honor and duty and responsibility are taken seriously."
Those three qualities, May says, are the most important guiding principles in everything she does from her position as a partner at the Wright Lindsey & Jennings law firm to her community activities.
A native of Maine, May, 38, joined the firm in 1985 after her marriage to Walter May, another partner at the firm. Six months later, she began specializing in intellectual property law, dealing in trademarks, copyrights, unfair competition and trade secrets.
Under her direction the firm's intellectual property section has become the largest in Arkansas, The firm has four lawyers and a paralegal who manage a portfolio of about 100 federally registered trademarks.
May is on the development committee for the Ouachita Girl Scout Council, the National Advisory Board for the Bowdoin Alumni Schools and Interviewing Committee and the Board of Governors of the Brand Names Education Foundation.
- Here's the New UALR Trojans Logo
- Twitter Reactions of Interest to SCOTUS Ruling
- UA Makes List of Top 100 US Patent Producers
- Former Hogs QB Clint Stoerner Tangles with Former Business Partners 4 days ago
- Acxiom CEO Scott Howe Gets $1.2M Raise in Fiscal 2015 1 day ago
- Hutchinson Announces State Board Appointments 9 hours ago
- Here's the New UALR Trojans Logo 1 day ago
- Arkansas Ends Fiscal Year with $191M Surplus 7 hours ago