Nancy Bellhouse May
Wright Lindsey & Jennings
Nancy Bellhouse MayWhen her father died suddenly in Maine earlier this month, Nancy Bellhouse May said at the memorial service, "I grew up in a home in which honor and duty and responsibility are taken seriously."
Those three qualities, May says, are the most important guiding principles in everything she does from her position as a partner at the Wright Lindsey & Jennings law firm to her community activities.
A native of Maine, May, 38, joined the firm in 1985 after her marriage to Walter May, another partner at the firm. Six months later, she began specializing in intellectual property law, dealing in trademarks, copyrights, unfair competition and trade secrets.
Under her direction the firm's intellectual property section has become the largest in Arkansas, The firm has four lawyers and a paralegal who manage a portfolio of about 100 federally registered trademarks.
May is on the development committee for the Ouachita Girl Scout Council, the National Advisory Board for the Bowdoin Alumni Schools and Interviewing Committee and the Board of Governors of the Brand Names Education Foundation.
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Startup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- Coming to You Live from 1 Shackleford Drive 3 days ago
- Update: Driver Destroys Ten Commandments Monument at Arkansas Capitol 20 hours ago
- Hot Springs Film Festival Names Jennifer Gerber Interim Director 16 hours ago
- An Arkansas Solution to a National Problem (Davy Carter Commentary) 3 days ago
- Distributed Energy Group Honors OECC as Cooperative of Year 20 hours ago