Nancy Bellhouse May
Wright Lindsey & Jennings
Nancy Bellhouse MayWhen her father died suddenly in Maine earlier this month, Nancy Bellhouse May said at the memorial service, "I grew up in a home in which honor and duty and responsibility are taken seriously."
Those three qualities, May says, are the most important guiding principles in everything she does from her position as a partner at the Wright Lindsey & Jennings law firm to her community activities.
A native of Maine, May, 38, joined the firm in 1985 after her marriage to Walter May, another partner at the firm. Six months later, she began specializing in intellectual property law, dealing in trademarks, copyrights, unfair competition and trade secrets.
Under her direction the firm's intellectual property section has become the largest in Arkansas, The firm has four lawyers and a paralegal who manage a portfolio of about 100 federally registered trademarks.
May is on the development committee for the Ouachita Girl Scout Council, the National Advisory Board for the Bowdoin Alumni Schools and Interviewing Committee and the Board of Governors of the Brand Names Education Foundation.
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- CARTI Names Adam Head as President, CEO 22 hours ago
- Update: Arvest to Buy Bear State Bank in $391M All-Cash Deal 1 day ago
- Walton Family Gives $120M to Start School of Art at UA 5 hours ago
- Georgia Pacific To Sell Pine Chemicals Business for $315M 6 hours ago
- Fed, State Bank Board OK Home BancShares' Stonegate Bank Deal 23 hours ago