General Sales Manager
KATV-TV, Channel 7
Pat BaldwinPat Baldwin says getting his job was a case of being "in the right place at the right time."
He was KATV's local sales manager when his boss, Ron Kelly, left the station to become general manager of KJAC-TV in Beaumont, Texas.
But Baldwin had been grooming himself for the position for years. Even while at Catholic High School the guidance counselor there "told me I'd be in sales and that I'd be successful at it. He realized that I'm a people person."
But Baldwin didn't take normal routes before arriving at KATV in 1985. After graduating from the University of Arkansas, he did a three-year hitch in the Marines.
"People thought I was crazy," he says "but the Marines gave me a lot of confidence and taught me to overcome adversity."
Baldwin, 34, sees his sales manager job as a challenge-going from supervising a staff of 10 to overseeing all advertising for both the station and the Arkansas Razorback Sports Network.
In fact, he sees himself one day following in Kelly's shoes again.
"I'd like to be a station general manager," he says.
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Dromborg Castle in Fayetteville for Sale — for $9.7M 1 day ago
- KARN Reporter Donna Kelley Dies at 66 1 day ago
- After Boom in Shale, Arkansas Gas Industry Faces Halt in Drilling 1 day ago
- Stephen Curry and Nike's PowerPoint Blunder (Jim Karrh On Marketing) 1 day ago
- Chef Shuttle, RaftUp To Experiment with Lake Delivery 1 day ago