General Sales Manager
KATV-TV, Channel 7
Pat BaldwinPat Baldwin says getting his job was a case of being "in the right place at the right time."
He was KATV's local sales manager when his boss, Ron Kelly, left the station to become general manager of KJAC-TV in Beaumont, Texas.
But Baldwin had been grooming himself for the position for years. Even while at Catholic High School the guidance counselor there "told me I'd be in sales and that I'd be successful at it. He realized that I'm a people person."
But Baldwin didn't take normal routes before arriving at KATV in 1985. After graduating from the University of Arkansas, he did a three-year hitch in the Marines.
"People thought I was crazy," he says "but the Marines gave me a lot of confidence and taught me to overcome adversity."
Baldwin, 34, sees his sales manager job as a challenge-going from supervising a staff of 10 to overseeing all advertising for both the station and the Arkansas Razorback Sports Network.
In fact, he sees himself one day following in Kelly's shoes again.
"I'd like to be a station general manager," he says.
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- Chris Masingill Responds to Trump Budget, Which Would End DRA
- Here Are the Draft Rules for Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, Cultivators
- The Influencers: Darrin Williams of Southern Bancorp 5 days ago
- Arkansas Unemployment Drops to Record 3.7 Percent in February 22 hours ago
- Truman Arnold Gives $10 Million to Texas A&M University in Texarkana 7 years ago
- CARTI Reports Bigger Loss Than Expected 5 days ago
- TeleComp Computers Services, IPC Communications Merge 4 weeks ago