General Sales Manager
KATV-TV, Channel 7
Pat BaldwinPat Baldwin says getting his job was a case of being "in the right place at the right time."
He was KATV's local sales manager when his boss, Ron Kelly, left the station to become general manager of KJAC-TV in Beaumont, Texas.
But Baldwin had been grooming himself for the position for years. Even while at Catholic High School the guidance counselor there "told me I'd be in sales and that I'd be successful at it. He realized that I'm a people person."
But Baldwin didn't take normal routes before arriving at KATV in 1985. After graduating from the University of Arkansas, he did a three-year hitch in the Marines.
"People thought I was crazy," he says "but the Marines gave me a lot of confidence and taught me to overcome adversity."
Baldwin, 34, sees his sales manager job as a challenge-going from supervising a staff of 10 to overseeing all advertising for both the station and the Arkansas Razorback Sports Network.
In fact, he sees himself one day following in Kelly's shoes again.
"I'd like to be a station general manager," he says.
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Majestic Death Looms Over Spa City 2 days ago
- Builders Association Looks at House of Incarcerated Former EVP 2 days ago
- Tedford and Son Leave Stephens Inc., Go In with Stephens Group 2 days ago
- Pulaski, Jefferson Counties Top Applications for Medical Pot 5 hours ago
- Springdale Contractor Faces Foreclosure 2 days ago