Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Children's Museum of Arkansas
Putter BertSome people believe we've come a long way as a society in terms of our capacity to talk to one another, Putter Bert says. "I'm not so sure, but I do think places like the Children's Museum can bring people together in a common cause."
In practical terms, this comes down to making a real effort to respond to
the needs of the whole community, not just part of it.
"Economic diversity means we have visitors with no money and visitors with a lot of," Ben says. "It means a lot to me that we were able to serve over 100,000 people our first year of operation."
Bert, 32, says the museum defines itself as a collecting educational institution.
"We offer parenting programs and programs for after school and breaks, ranging from how to make ice cream in a coffee can to building three-legged stools." she says.
Bert is particularly proud of the museum's Free Friday program where museum admission is free.
"We started out with about 15 people," she says. "Now there a about 500 people who take advantage of this program."
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- White County Woman Wins $1.25M Defamation Case Against Website 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 3 years ago
- Asa Hutchinson Walks Fine Line in Medicaid Speech (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 10 hours ago
- Barber Co-Defendant James Van Doren Asks Court for Bond Relief 2 years ago
- AIA Finalist: 28 Springs 1 year ago