Process 1500/Faxmatic Services
Ron McFarlandRon McFarland has his eye on the future.
After working for several years as an operations manager for IBM, he decided to start his own business about three years ago.
"I caught the entrepreneur bug and caught it bad." McFarland, 36, says with a laugh.
Process 1500, the company he founded, specializes in data entry and processing. But with recent dramatic developments in computer technology, McFarland feels that this field will be shrinking significantly in the near future.
"That's why we've started a new division, Faxmatic Services," explains McFarland.
Faxmatic Services caters to the growing demand for automated fax services accessible with a touchtone telephone.
"Say it's Saturday morning and you have a sudden urge to take a trip to Eureka Springs," McFarland says. Even though the local tourist office is closed, with this service you can dial its automated fax line and have a map and calendar of events faxed to you."
McFarland's company is the only one in the state providing this service.
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Wal-Mart's McMillon Tops Compensation List of 100 Arkansas Public Company Execs 2 days ago
- Charles Morgan Sues Partner in Lotus Auto Deal 2 days ago
- 25 Years After the Arkansas Gazette's Closing, Veterans Consider Consequences 2 days ago
- Conlon Collection Fetches $1.8M at Auction; Proceeds to Pay John Rogers Debt 1 day ago
- Keith Jackson to Leave Razorbacks Broadcasts After Season 1 day ago