Process 1500/Faxmatic Services
Ron McFarlandRon McFarland has his eye on the future.
After working for several years as an operations manager for IBM, he decided to start his own business about three years ago.
"I caught the entrepreneur bug and caught it bad." McFarland, 36, says with a laugh.
Process 1500, the company he founded, specializes in data entry and processing. But with recent dramatic developments in computer technology, McFarland feels that this field will be shrinking significantly in the near future.
"That's why we've started a new division, Faxmatic Services," explains McFarland.
Faxmatic Services caters to the growing demand for automated fax services accessible with a touchtone telephone.
"Say it's Saturday morning and you have a sudden urge to take a trip to Eureka Springs," McFarland says. Even though the local tourist office is closed, with this service you can dial its automated fax line and have a map and calendar of events faxed to you."
McFarland's company is the only one in the state providing this service.
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- Sprint to Add Regional HQ in Little Rock, 100 Jobs by Year's End 2 days ago
- Little Rock Tech Park Board Endorses I-30 Plan 4 days ago
- Jacksonville Buildings to be Demolished Before $65M High School Construction 1 week ago
- Wal-Mart's Greg Foran No. 1 In Exec Pay At $19.5M 5 months ago
- Innovation Hub's Second Maker Faire Is May 7 4 days ago