Director of the Genesis Business Incubator
University of Arkansas
Sam PruettSam Pruett, 30, doesn't waste any time. In 1990 he joined the Genesis Business Incubator at his alma mater, the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, and a year later became its director.
By 1993 Genesis was named the National Business Incubator of the Year by the National Association of Business Incubators.
Pruett's formula for success is simple.
"You have to know what needs to be done, have a willingness to work and unconditional determination to succeed," he says.
Pruett was named Young Man of the Year by the Fayetteville Rotary Club in 1993 and the Small Business Administration's District Small Business Advocate of the Year in 1994.
A graduate of the Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce's leadership program, Pruett is president of the Arkansas Community Development Society and is on the board of directors of the Bank of Fayetteville's Community Development Corporation and the National Business Incubator Association. He works with the United Way and is active in Democratic politics.
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center
- After Supremes' Decision, Womack Urges Congress to Act on Online Sales Tax
- WSJ Examines Mark Pryor, Tom Cotton Senate Race
- ASU Discusses Osteopathic Medical School with NYIT 7 days ago
- 5 Years Later, John Glasgow's Disappearance Still Unexplained 10 months ago
- Arkansas Senate Candidates Hold Back Attacks (AP Analysis) 3 hours ago
- Update: John Stacks, Banker and Owner of Mountain Pure Water, Indicted on 11 Counts 5 days ago
- #ARWX: Bitter Cold Remains in Arkansas Around After Ice Storm 3 hours ago