Director of the Genesis Business Incubator
University of Arkansas
Sam PruettSam Pruett, 30, doesn't waste any time. In 1990 he joined the Genesis Business Incubator at his alma mater, the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, and a year later became its director.
By 1993 Genesis was named the National Business Incubator of the Year by the National Association of Business Incubators.
Pruett's formula for success is simple.
"You have to know what needs to be done, have a willingness to work and unconditional determination to succeed," he says.
Pruett was named Young Man of the Year by the Fayetteville Rotary Club in 1993 and the Small Business Administration's District Small Business Advocate of the Year in 1994.
A graduate of the Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce's leadership program, Pruett is president of the Arkansas Community Development Society and is on the board of directors of the Bank of Fayetteville's Community Development Corporation and the National Business Incubator Association. He works with the United Way and is active in Democratic politics.
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Tesla Aims to Electrify Big Rigs; Wal-Mart, J.B. Hunt Want In 1 day ago
- Goodwill Arkansas Names Brian Marsh President, CEO 2 days ago
- Judge Bobby McCallister to Resign Dec. 15 22 hours ago
- America's Car-Mart Names New CFO, Reports Profit 1 day ago
- Hiram Walker Plant Keeps Fort Smith in High Spirits 5 days ago