Director of the Genesis Business Incubator
University of Arkansas
Sam PruettSam Pruett, 30, doesn't waste any time. In 1990 he joined the Genesis Business Incubator at his alma mater, the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, and a year later became its director.
By 1993 Genesis was named the National Business Incubator of the Year by the National Association of Business Incubators.
Pruett's formula for success is simple.
"You have to know what needs to be done, have a willingness to work and unconditional determination to succeed," he says.
Pruett was named Young Man of the Year by the Fayetteville Rotary Club in 1993 and the Small Business Administration's District Small Business Advocate of the Year in 1994.
A graduate of the Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce's leadership program, Pruett is president of the Arkansas Community Development Society and is on the board of directors of the Bank of Fayetteville's Community Development Corporation and the National Business Incubator Association. He works with the United Way and is active in Democratic politics.
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale 18 hours ago
- A Wet State of Mind (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- Three More Banks Sue Dennis Smiley Over Loans 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Rickenbach Indictment Reveals More Details of One Bank Under Scooter Stuart 2 days ago