Director of the Genesis Business Incubator
University of Arkansas
Sam PruettSam Pruett, 30, doesn't waste any time. In 1990 he joined the Genesis Business Incubator at his alma mater, the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, and a year later became its director.
By 1993 Genesis was named the National Business Incubator of the Year by the National Association of Business Incubators.
Pruett's formula for success is simple.
"You have to know what needs to be done, have a willingness to work and unconditional determination to succeed," he says.
Pruett was named Young Man of the Year by the Fayetteville Rotary Club in 1993 and the Small Business Administration's District Small Business Advocate of the Year in 1994.
A graduate of the Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce's leadership program, Pruett is president of the Arkansas Community Development Society and is on the board of directors of the Bank of Fayetteville's Community Development Corporation and the National Business Incubator Association. He works with the United Way and is active in Democratic politics.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Crittenden Regional Hospital Files Chapter 7 Bankruptcy 21 hours ago
- Court Formalizes Settlement With Banks Over Dennis Smiley Assets 23 hours ago
- Update: AP Withdraws Story About Leslie Rutledge Letter 21 hours ago
- U.S. Marshals Museum Gets $5M Pledge 3 hours ago
- CHI St. Vincent to Expand WLR Campus 23 hours ago