Assistant to the Chairman
Stephens Group Inc.
Scott FordAlthough Scott Ford grew up in Arkansas and graduated from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, he began his professional career in London.
After getting his degree in finance and banking, he did post-graduate work at Oxford University. While there, Ford, 33, worked for Merrill Lynch Inc. in London.
He soon transferred to Merrill Lynch in New York, working in mergers and acquisitions. His experience there allowed him to return to Arkansas, working in corporate finance at Stephens Inc.
"I worked on a project for [Jack] Stephens, then another and another," says Ford, son of Alltel Corp. Chairman Joe Ford. "One Thursday, he said, 'There's an empty office across from mine. Why don't you move into it this weekend?'"
For almost eight years since, Ford has handled day-to-day assignments for Stephens. He primarily works on investment management for the Stephens family.
He has three sons under the age of 7 and often serves as soccer or baseball coach. He and his family also own a farm in Cleburne County.
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- Home BancShares' 1Q Profit A Record, Up 56 Percent 3 hours ago
- Simmons Name Appears on Arkansas' Tallest Building 1 day ago
- Franklin McLarty on What Big Auto Manufacturers Must Do to Stay on the Road (Executive Q&A) 4 days ago
- Wal-Mart CEO Doug McMillon, Wife Give $1M to UA Walton Business College 3 hours ago
- Simmons First 1Q Profit Down 27 Percent 3 hours ago