Assistant to the Chairman
Stephens Group Inc.
Scott FordAlthough Scott Ford grew up in Arkansas and graduated from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, he began his professional career in London.
After getting his degree in finance and banking, he did post-graduate work at Oxford University. While there, Ford, 33, worked for Merrill Lynch Inc. in London.
He soon transferred to Merrill Lynch in New York, working in mergers and acquisitions. His experience there allowed him to return to Arkansas, working in corporate finance at Stephens Inc.
"I worked on a project for [Jack] Stephens, then another and another," says Ford, son of Alltel Corp. Chairman Joe Ford. "One Thursday, he said, 'There's an empty office across from mine. Why don't you move into it this weekend?'"
For almost eight years since, Ford has handled day-to-day assignments for Stephens. He primarily works on investment management for the Stephens family.
He has three sons under the age of 7 and often serves as soccer or baseball coach. He and his family also own a farm in Cleburne County.
- THV: Caterpillar to Lay off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Sherwood, Pulaski County Sued Over Hot Check Court Fines, Arrests 3 days ago
- LRCVB Moves Ahead on Deal for Cromwell Building 1 day ago
- Group Asks Arkansas Court to Block Medical Marijuana Measure 17 hours ago
- Issue 3: A Job-Luring Amendment, or Corporate Welfare? 4 days ago
- Cornelius Schnitzler: Air Industry Lifts Arkansas in Berlin 4 days ago