IK Electric Co.
Scott KorenblatScott Korenblat was 30 years old in I993 when he purchased the company founded by his grandfather in 1919.
"I graduated from the University of Colorado in 1986," Korenblat, 32, says.
After graduation, Korenblat went to work for IK but the family sold the business in 1989.
Korenblat was general manager when he purchased IK.
IK quickly began to venture into fiber optics and network services markers. In the last two years, IK has tripled sales and increased its staff to more than 100.
"We made a dynamic team of people, they're versatile," says Korenblat, a graduate of Little Rock Catholic High School. "We're a design-and-build contractor firm. We do a lot of fiber-optic installation."
If you walk around downtown Little Rock, IK cables are under your feet. IK designed and wired the enormous Rank Video Services America Inc. facility that opened last spring in North Little Rock and the Southwest Airlines reservation centers in Little Rock and Oklahoma City.
Korenblat is married and has two children.
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Video: ARK Challenge Concludes Fourth Run in Little Rock
- The Hop Diner is Closing; At the Corner Opening in Its Place
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- State Court Signals Ruling on Marriage (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 1 hour ago
- Entergy Breaks Ground on New $23M Center in Little Rock 2 weeks ago
- Apartment Building Sells for $7.4 Million 7 years ago
- UAMS: 'World-Renowned' Neurosurgeons Study at Little Rock 3 years ago