Pine Bluff Convention Center & Visitors Bureau
Steve ArrisonSteve Arrison's philosophy is spelled our by the framed picture outside his office showing a gymnasium with the saying: "You always miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take."
In his first year directing Pine Bluff's tourism business, Arrison, 39, has delivered.
"If you don't take the shots and go after the business, you don't get it,"' he says. "We've had some good leads given to us and we've gone after them. Maybe some of it we didn't think we would get, but we still did."
Arrison grew up in the tourism business; his father worked for Holiday Inn founder Kemmons Wilson. After 2 1/2 years running Pine Bluff's Holiday Inn adjacent to the Convention Center, Arrison moved into his present role last August.
"What I'm doing is a natural progression," he says. "I've dealt with convention and visitors bureaus in the hotel industry for many years. Now I'm running one."
Arrison says he's excited about his recent appointment as a delegate to the White House Conference on Travel and Tourism in October.
With three sons, youth baseball is another vocation.
- Report: FBI Investigating Turner Grain
- Student Entrepreneur's Doughnut Holes Available Soon at Spokes
- Video: Turner Grain Paid Farmer for Wheat But Not Corn
- Metro Builders Property Weighs In at $3.8 Million (Real Deals) 2 days ago
- Queen Wilhelmina Lodge to Reopen in Spring 5 hours ago
- Scooter Stuart's Tainted Assets Draw More Fire 2 days ago
- Simmons First Completes Delta Trust Acquisition 8 hours ago
- Newly Insured 'Private Option' Arkansans Present Challenges, Opportunities 2 days ago