Pine Bluff Convention Center & Visitors Bureau
Steve ArrisonSteve Arrison's philosophy is spelled our by the framed picture outside his office showing a gymnasium with the saying: "You always miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take."
In his first year directing Pine Bluff's tourism business, Arrison, 39, has delivered.
"If you don't take the shots and go after the business, you don't get it,"' he says. "We've had some good leads given to us and we've gone after them. Maybe some of it we didn't think we would get, but we still did."
Arrison grew up in the tourism business; his father worked for Holiday Inn founder Kemmons Wilson. After 2 1/2 years running Pine Bluff's Holiday Inn adjacent to the Convention Center, Arrison moved into his present role last August.
"What I'm doing is a natural progression," he says. "I've dealt with convention and visitors bureaus in the hotel industry for many years. Now I'm running one."
Arrison says he's excited about his recent appointment as a delegate to the White House Conference on Travel and Tourism in October.
With three sons, youth baseball is another vocation.
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- Boone County Airport Board Selects Contour Airlines for EAS
- UCA Narrows Applicants for President
- Ross Family Gives $1M to Baptist Preparatory School 21 hours ago
- Governor Wants to Move War Memorial Under Parks And Tourism 19 hours ago
- SPONSORED: Uncle T's: A Neighborhood Mainstay For 50 Years And Counting 2 days ago
- Employers Seek Hires With Soft Abilities Like Attitude, Teamwork 2 days ago
- Arkansas Drivers Merge Well with Others in a Roundabout Way 2 days ago