Pine Bluff Convention Center & Visitors Bureau
Steve ArrisonSteve Arrison's philosophy is spelled our by the framed picture outside his office showing a gymnasium with the saying: "You always miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take."
In his first year directing Pine Bluff's tourism business, Arrison, 39, has delivered.
"If you don't take the shots and go after the business, you don't get it,"' he says. "We've had some good leads given to us and we've gone after them. Maybe some of it we didn't think we would get, but we still did."
Arrison grew up in the tourism business; his father worked for Holiday Inn founder Kemmons Wilson. After 2 1/2 years running Pine Bluff's Holiday Inn adjacent to the Convention Center, Arrison moved into his present role last August.
"What I'm doing is a natural progression," he says. "I've dealt with convention and visitors bureaus in the hotel industry for many years. Now I'm running one."
Arrison says he's excited about his recent appointment as a delegate to the White House Conference on Travel and Tourism in October.
With three sons, youth baseball is another vocation.
- Twitter Reactions of Interest to SCOTUS Ruling
- UA Makes List of Top 100 US Patent Producers
- Wal-Mart Asks Suppliers for Lower Prices, Fewer Ads
- Northwest Arkansas Transforming Into a Tech Hub 2 days ago
- Cable TV Adapting To New Realities 2 days ago
- Former Jennings Osborne Homes Getting New Owners 2 days ago
- Former Hogs QB Clint Stoerner Tangles with Former Business Partners 2 days ago
- Diane Gilleland on the 'Dramatic Change' of a Diverse Board of Directors 10 hours ago