Pine Bluff Convention Center & Visitors Bureau
Steve ArrisonSteve Arrison's philosophy is spelled our by the framed picture outside his office showing a gymnasium with the saying: "You always miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take."
In his first year directing Pine Bluff's tourism business, Arrison, 39, has delivered.
"If you don't take the shots and go after the business, you don't get it,"' he says. "We've had some good leads given to us and we've gone after them. Maybe some of it we didn't think we would get, but we still did."
Arrison grew up in the tourism business; his father worked for Holiday Inn founder Kemmons Wilson. After 2 1/2 years running Pine Bluff's Holiday Inn adjacent to the Convention Center, Arrison moved into his present role last August.
"What I'm doing is a natural progression," he says. "I've dealt with convention and visitors bureaus in the hotel industry for many years. Now I'm running one."
Arrison says he's excited about his recent appointment as a delegate to the White House Conference on Travel and Tourism in October.
With three sons, youth baseball is another vocation.
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Judge Puts Brakes on Parks Lawsuit Against Tyson
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- THV11 Adds Raven Richard to Weather Team 1 week ago
- Your Startup Business Plan (Marcus Guinn Expert Advice) 3 weeks ago
- Banded Holdings of Springdale Acquires Avery Outdoors 10 months ago
- Wal-Mart's Greg Foran No. 1 In Exec Pay At $19.5M 6 months ago
- 2 Banks Join Arkansas Business' Largest Private Companies List 4 hours ago