Friday, Eldredge & Clark
Tab TurnerTab Turner is a self- described "lone wolf" at Friday Eldredge & Clark, Arkansas' largest law firm.
Whereas most of the firm's lawyers are defense-oriented, Turner, 36, specializes in plaintiff's product liability cases. And he's won some high- profile, high-dollar cases for his clients.
In June, he won a $25 million judgment in Houston against Ford Motor Co. He represented parents of a Texas A&M student killed in 1992 when a Bronco II rolled over.
Representing BE&K Construction Co. of Birmingham, Ala, he won a judgment of more than$20 million last year against two unions with Potlatch Corp. As low bidder, the firm was hired by Potlatch for a project in McGehee. Because of threats by two unions, Potlatch fired the firm.
Both cases are being appealed.
Turner "gravitated to the legal profession" in part because of his father, Otis Turner, a retired Arkadelphia lawyer who served on the Arkansas Supreme Court.
"I try to keep the primary priority on being sure the client is well represented," he says.
Away from court, Turner is a deacon at his church.
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Sherwood, Pulaski County Sued Over Hot Check Court Fines, Arrests 2 days ago
- Group Asks Arkansas Court to Block Medical Marijuana Measure 5 hours ago
- Issue 3: A Job-Luring Amendment, or Corporate Welfare? 3 days ago
- MedExpress Opens In Pine Bluff 3 days ago
- LRCVB Moves Ahead on Deal for Cromwell Building 22 hours ago