Friday, Eldredge & Clark
Tab TurnerTab Turner is a self- described "lone wolf" at Friday Eldredge & Clark, Arkansas' largest law firm.
Whereas most of the firm's lawyers are defense-oriented, Turner, 36, specializes in plaintiff's product liability cases. And he's won some high- profile, high-dollar cases for his clients.
In June, he won a $25 million judgment in Houston against Ford Motor Co. He represented parents of a Texas A&M student killed in 1992 when a Bronco II rolled over.
Representing BE&K Construction Co. of Birmingham, Ala, he won a judgment of more than$20 million last year against two unions with Potlatch Corp. As low bidder, the firm was hired by Potlatch for a project in McGehee. Because of threats by two unions, Potlatch fired the firm.
Both cases are being appealed.
Turner "gravitated to the legal profession" in part because of his father, Otis Turner, a retired Arkadelphia lawyer who served on the Arkansas Supreme Court.
"I try to keep the primary priority on being sure the client is well represented," he says.
Away from court, Turner is a deacon at his church.
- Report: Wal-Mart CFO Claims 'Very Good Sales' Lately
- Report: Queen Wilhelmina Delays Cost $11.5M
- Watch The '60 Minutes' Report on Data Brokers Here
- Update: Stewart Resigns as Sparks, Summit CEO; Tim Schmidt Named Interim 6 hours ago
- Veteran Restaurateur Denis Seyer Recharged After 4-Year Hiatus 4 days ago
- Arkansas Man Killed in Accident at Norandal USA Plant in Newport 9 hours ago
- UCA Ex-Administrator Gets 3-Year Prison Sentence 9 hours ago
- Suddenlink to Invest $29M in Arkansas This Year 8 hours ago