Friday, Eldredge & Clark
Tab TurnerTab Turner is a self- described "lone wolf" at Friday Eldredge & Clark, Arkansas' largest law firm.
Whereas most of the firm's lawyers are defense-oriented, Turner, 36, specializes in plaintiff's product liability cases. And he's won some high- profile, high-dollar cases for his clients.
In June, he won a $25 million judgment in Houston against Ford Motor Co. He represented parents of a Texas A&M student killed in 1992 when a Bronco II rolled over.
Representing BE&K Construction Co. of Birmingham, Ala, he won a judgment of more than$20 million last year against two unions with Potlatch Corp. As low bidder, the firm was hired by Potlatch for a project in McGehee. Because of threats by two unions, Potlatch fired the firm.
Both cases are being appealed.
Turner "gravitated to the legal profession" in part because of his father, Otis Turner, a retired Arkadelphia lawyer who served on the Arkansas Supreme Court.
"I try to keep the primary priority on being sure the client is well represented," he says.
Away from court, Turner is a deacon at his church.
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Rejecting Amazon, Little Rock Launches New Campaign 2 days ago
- Closing of Two Acquisitions Pushes Simmons to $14B in Assets 24 hours ago
- Hospital Vendors Earn Millions for Services 5 days ago
- $5M From First National Bank Gets Naming Rights to A-State Convocation Center 1 day ago
- Asa Hutchinson Opposes Tapping General Revenue for Roads 4 days ago