Friday, Eldredge & Clark
Tab TurnerTab Turner is a self- described "lone wolf" at Friday Eldredge & Clark, Arkansas' largest law firm.
Whereas most of the firm's lawyers are defense-oriented, Turner, 36, specializes in plaintiff's product liability cases. And he's won some high- profile, high-dollar cases for his clients.
In June, he won a $25 million judgment in Houston against Ford Motor Co. He represented parents of a Texas A&M student killed in 1992 when a Bronco II rolled over.
Representing BE&K Construction Co. of Birmingham, Ala, he won a judgment of more than$20 million last year against two unions with Potlatch Corp. As low bidder, the firm was hired by Potlatch for a project in McGehee. Because of threats by two unions, Potlatch fired the firm.
Both cases are being appealed.
Turner "gravitated to the legal profession" in part because of his father, Otis Turner, a retired Arkadelphia lawyer who served on the Arkansas Supreme Court.
"I try to keep the primary priority on being sure the client is well represented," he says.
Away from court, Turner is a deacon at his church.
- Bentonville's Transformation Subject of Ad Age Spotlight
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Dennis Smiley's Wife Cynthia Files Chapter 7 Bankruptcy 22 hours ago
- Sweet: ‘A Pure Arkansas-Flavored Investment' for Arkansas Teachers Retirement System 3 days ago
- #ARPX: What to Watch on Election Day (Robert Coon & Blake Rutherford On Politics) 18 hours ago
- Brandon Barber Sentenced to 65 Months in Prison for Fraud, Money Laundering 2 days ago
- Simmons Foods to Close Northeast Oklahoma Poultry Plant 2 hours ago