Friday, Eldredge & Clark
Tab TurnerTab Turner is a self- described "lone wolf" at Friday Eldredge & Clark, Arkansas' largest law firm.
Whereas most of the firm's lawyers are defense-oriented, Turner, 36, specializes in plaintiff's product liability cases. And he's won some high- profile, high-dollar cases for his clients.
In June, he won a $25 million judgment in Houston against Ford Motor Co. He represented parents of a Texas A&M student killed in 1992 when a Bronco II rolled over.
Representing BE&K Construction Co. of Birmingham, Ala, he won a judgment of more than$20 million last year against two unions with Potlatch Corp. As low bidder, the firm was hired by Potlatch for a project in McGehee. Because of threats by two unions, Potlatch fired the firm.
Both cases are being appealed.
Turner "gravitated to the legal profession" in part because of his father, Otis Turner, a retired Arkadelphia lawyer who served on the Arkansas Supreme Court.
"I try to keep the primary priority on being sure the client is well represented," he says.
Away from court, Turner is a deacon at his church.
- After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Update: The Rep, Citing Money Shortfall, Will Suspend Operations 2 days ago
- Two Banks Allege $2.4M in Fraud by Arkadelphia Insurance Agent Berry Bishop 2 days ago
- Business Machines Systems Buys Staley Inc. 1 day ago
- Southern Bancorp Raises $17.7M in First Close of Capital Campaign 1 day ago
- Tax Questions Dog Candidate For Garland County District Judgeship 4 days ago