Tom AllenTom Allen, 37, and his partner, Wayne Newsom, were working for Micro Computer Center when it was purchased by The Future Now Inc. in December 1991.
"About 30 days into the purchase we didn't care for the direction of the company,"' Allen says. "We didn't see a competitor that excited us. I called Inacom."
Within a few days, Allen was in Omaha, Neb., wrapping up a deal for a Little Rock dealership.
"We signed the contract on [President] Clinton's election day, Nov. 3, 1992," Allen says. "We were ready to do business from opening day," Allen says.
Inacom landed the Alltel Information Services account nine months after opening,
"That's one of the things we're proudest of," Allen says.
Allen spent five years working with Micro Computer Center and five years before that with The Computer Shop.
Allen, who is married and has two children, says Inacom is a corporate sponsor of Lions Club, works with the Lighthouse Project and its employees hold an annual auction to raise money for disadvantaged families.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins in Chorus Against Religious Protection Bill
- Video: Mavis Lindsey on the Closure of Lindsey's Resort
- Mike Beebe Joins Roberts Law Firm of Little Rock
- Harps Sherwood Store Delayed by Dunkin' Donuts Details 6 days ago
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins in Chorus Against Religious Protection Bill 1 day ago
- Arkansas Lawmaker Urges Ban on California Wine Over Egg Law 2 days ago
- Windstream Board Gives Final Approval for REIT 3 days ago
- Lindsey's Resort Closes Amid $3M Foreclosure Lawsuit 5 days ago