Tom AllenTom Allen, 37, and his partner, Wayne Newsom, were working for Micro Computer Center when it was purchased by The Future Now Inc. in December 1991.
"About 30 days into the purchase we didn't care for the direction of the company,"' Allen says. "We didn't see a competitor that excited us. I called Inacom."
Within a few days, Allen was in Omaha, Neb., wrapping up a deal for a Little Rock dealership.
"We signed the contract on [President] Clinton's election day, Nov. 3, 1992," Allen says. "We were ready to do business from opening day," Allen says.
Inacom landed the Alltel Information Services account nine months after opening,
"That's one of the things we're proudest of," Allen says.
Allen spent five years working with Micro Computer Center and five years before that with The Computer Shop.
Allen, who is married and has two children, says Inacom is a corporate sponsor of Lions Club, works with the Lighthouse Project and its employees hold an annual auction to raise money for disadvantaged families.
- Soirée: Potbelly Sandwich Shop Coming to Little Rock
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- Three More Banks File Claims Against Dennis Smiley Collateral 1 day ago
- Taziki's Breaks Ground at McCain Mall in North Little Rock 11 hours ago
- Judge Tim Fox Strikes Down Arkansas Voter ID Law 4 hours ago
- Arkansas Doctors Discover the Joys Of Concierge Care 4 days ago
- Wal-Mart CEO Doug McMillon Gets $25.6M Pay Package 1 day ago