Tom AllenTom Allen, 37, and his partner, Wayne Newsom, were working for Micro Computer Center when it was purchased by The Future Now Inc. in December 1991.
"About 30 days into the purchase we didn't care for the direction of the company,"' Allen says. "We didn't see a competitor that excited us. I called Inacom."
Within a few days, Allen was in Omaha, Neb., wrapping up a deal for a Little Rock dealership.
"We signed the contract on [President] Clinton's election day, Nov. 3, 1992," Allen says. "We were ready to do business from opening day," Allen says.
Inacom landed the Alltel Information Services account nine months after opening,
"That's one of the things we're proudest of," Allen says.
Allen spent five years working with Micro Computer Center and five years before that with The Computer Shop.
Allen, who is married and has two children, says Inacom is a corporate sponsor of Lions Club, works with the Lighthouse Project and its employees hold an annual auction to raise money for disadvantaged families.
- Memphis' Soul Fish Cafe Headed to Little Rock
- Tom Dalton: ARK Challenge Will Continue
- Cache Chef Payne Harding Apologizes After Protestors Hit With Water
- A Proud Moment for Our State: The Arkansas Women's Hall of Fame 3 days ago
- Receiver Seeks Another Contempt of Court Ruling Against John Rogers 3 days ago
- Leslie Rutledge: Arkansas Law Allows 'Open Carry' of Guns 2 days ago
- At the Martha Shoffner Sentencing, Questions Over 'Benefit,' Jurisdiction 2 days ago
- Kevin Huchingson of Colliers on What Makes Commercial Real Estate in Arkansas Attractive 1 year ago