Holiday Inn and Northwest Arkansas Convention Center
Tony MoodyIt's not often one finds a hotel manager who likes to; quote Aristotle.
"One of the sayings that I use to guide myself is a quote by Aristotle," Moody says.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is not an act, it's a habit."
That philosophy is what directs Moody, who promises to play a crucial role in the development of northwest Arkansas' tourist industry as the head of its first convention center.
A glance at Moody's résumé shows he is up to the task. He served as general manager at the Holiday Inn West in Little Rock. Under his stewardship, it ranked tops in the world by guests in 1992 and 1993. He also has managed various Holiday Inns across the country.
Moody, 33, also serves as chairman of the Springdale Advertising & Promotion Commission and as a board member of the Arkansas Hospitality Association.
He also is vice president and incoming president of Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Northwest Arkansas and a member of the Springdale Chamber of Commerce board of directors.
- UA Graduate's Design for WWI Memorial Wins Competition
- Here Are the Arkansas Stores Wal-Mart Is Closing
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson Rings NYSE Opening Bell, Appears on CNBC, Fox Business
- Hutchinson, AEDC Launch 'Arkansas Inc.' to Recruit, Retain Companies 2 days ago
- East Little Rock's 'Innovation Alley' Drawing Grit, Funk Lovers 5 days ago
- Murphy USA to Sell CAM Pipeline for $85M; 4Q Income Down 32 Percent 2 days ago
- Acxiom Reports 3Q Loss, But Revenue, Earnings Guidance Rises 2 days ago
- Wayne Farms Plant in Laurel, Mississippi, to Lay Off 500 2 days ago