North Little Rock
Dan NormanAs proud as Dan Norman, 38, is of his company’s excellent customer retention rate — it stands at 98 percent — he is equally proud that Shred-it also does a good job keeping its employees.
After all, they are the ones who have helped Norman, Shred-it’s founder and president, meet all of the company’s revenue goals since it was founded in 1999. Shred-it was a finalist in the Arkansas Business of the Year competition earlier this year.
“I don’t pretend to do this on my own,” Norman said. “It’s very important to surround myself with people who excel at what they’re doing.”
After graduating from the University of Tulsa with a bachelor’s degree in finance, Norman began his career in Denver, where he sold life insurance for what was then PFL Life Insurance Co.
He later moved back to Little Rock to work in financial management with his father at Norman Capital Management before creating his own venture.
“I wanted to start something on my own that I could build from scratch,” Norman said.
That’s when he started Shred-it. It has grown to be the largest on-site document destruction company in Arkansas.
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Startup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- Grand Savings, Citizens Banks Add Execs in Rogers (NWA Movers & Shakers) 7 hours ago
- Bond Claims Change for Mortgage Brokers (Vic Lance Expert Advice) 7 hours ago
- A.J. Gary Says Having Game Plan Can Rescue Business from Disaster 1 week ago
- CaseStack CEO Dan Sanker on Keeping Supply Chains Unbroken 4 weeks ago
- Modern Storage Draws $3.3M Transaction (Real Deals) 7 hours ago