North Little Rock
Dan NormanAs proud as Dan Norman, 38, is of his company’s excellent customer retention rate — it stands at 98 percent — he is equally proud that Shred-it also does a good job keeping its employees.
After all, they are the ones who have helped Norman, Shred-it’s founder and president, meet all of the company’s revenue goals since it was founded in 1999. Shred-it was a finalist in the Arkansas Business of the Year competition earlier this year.
“I don’t pretend to do this on my own,” Norman said. “It’s very important to surround myself with people who excel at what they’re doing.”
After graduating from the University of Tulsa with a bachelor’s degree in finance, Norman began his career in Denver, where he sold life insurance for what was then PFL Life Insurance Co.
He later moved back to Little Rock to work in financial management with his father at Norman Capital Management before creating his own venture.
“I wanted to start something on my own that I could build from scratch,” Norman said.
That’s when he started Shred-it. It has grown to be the largest on-site document destruction company in Arkansas.
- After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Insurance Agent Berry Bishop Accused of Fraud, Misuse of Premium 5 days ago
- Cantrell Drug Agrees to Stop Making and Selling Drugs 2 days ago
- New Hot Springs Agency Licensed in Wake of Alliance Meltdown 2 days ago
- Cogswell Motors Owner, Wife Found Dead 4 days ago
- Arvest Bank Closes on Bear State Acquisition 1 day ago