Mountain Khakis LLC
Jason PerryWhile on a ski trip in Wyoming a few years ago, Jason Perry, 35, noticed a trend in the clothing of the locals. “People were wearing Carhart work pants everywhere. They were really popular. Tourists were even buying them to fit in,” said Perry.
During this time Perry and his family were running Macalister Co., which marketed specialty apparel and accessories for the outdoor lifestyle. After seeing a downturn in the market, Perry sold his interest in the company and moved to Jackson Hole, Wyo. Once there, Perry decided to build a company in response to the popular clothing trend he had seen. In the spring of 2002, Mountain Khakis was born.
Mountain Khakis was immediately successful. Perry set up a home base in Jackson Hole and in Little Rock. Perry’s company was voted the most popular new brand at a recent outdoor retail show. His brand of outdoor khakis sells at over a hundred national retailers. “You could call it outdoor version of Levi jeans — rugged, durable and strong.”
Perry said one thing that has brought him this far is to remember to “work hard and pray hard.” Through his hectic schedule of traveling between Wyoming and Arkansas, Perry said he hopes to get involved with the community again. “I’m really excited about Little Rock and the progressive movement it’s making,” said Perry. “It’s good to be home in the South.”
- At Conference, Tyson Foods Touts Stable Earnings, Sales Growth
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- ESP Confirms Jefferson County Site For $3B Project, Citing Easement Success 3 days ago
- Federal Judge Blocks Arkansas Planned Parenthood Defunding 11 hours ago
- Update: Brenda Montgomery Gets 57 Months in Prison for Lawrence County Bank Theft 11 hours ago
- Report: All Signatures for Lawsuits Measure Could Be Tossed 2 days ago
- Wells Fargo's Other Victims (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 4 days ago