Mountain Khakis LLC
Jason PerryWhile on a ski trip in Wyoming a few years ago, Jason Perry, 35, noticed a trend in the clothing of the locals. “People were wearing Carhart work pants everywhere. They were really popular. Tourists were even buying them to fit in,” said Perry.
During this time Perry and his family were running Macalister Co., which marketed specialty apparel and accessories for the outdoor lifestyle. After seeing a downturn in the market, Perry sold his interest in the company and moved to Jackson Hole, Wyo. Once there, Perry decided to build a company in response to the popular clothing trend he had seen. In the spring of 2002, Mountain Khakis was born.
Mountain Khakis was immediately successful. Perry set up a home base in Jackson Hole and in Little Rock. Perry’s company was voted the most popular new brand at a recent outdoor retail show. His brand of outdoor khakis sells at over a hundred national retailers. “You could call it outdoor version of Levi jeans — rugged, durable and strong.”
Perry said one thing that has brought him this far is to remember to “work hard and pray hard.” Through his hectic schedule of traveling between Wyoming and Arkansas, Perry said he hopes to get involved with the community again. “I’m really excited about Little Rock and the progressive movement it’s making,” said Perry. “It’s good to be home in the South.”
- UA Graduate's Design for WWI Memorial Wins Competition
- Here Are the Arkansas Stores Wal-Mart Is Closing
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson Rings NYSE Opening Bell, Appears on CNBC, Fox Business
- Bentonville Urbanites Pick Pocket Community 6 days ago
- In Fort Smith, Developers Eye $5M Revamp of Historic Ward-Garrison Building 3 days ago
- Facebook Posts Raise Questions For Employers 6 days ago
- Tim Griffin to Lead Review of DHS 2 months ago
- Four Join List of 75 Largest Private Companies in Arkansas 2 years ago