Senior Vice President
First Arkansas Bank & Trust
Jay BarberJay Barber began looking at banking as a career while in college. Having family friends and family members in the business helped influence his decision.
"It dawned on me that banking would be a way to help people, to interact with all sorts of people and learn about a lot different kinds of businesses," the 39-year-old said.
Barber joined National Bank of Commerce in Memphis in 1989 after graduating from Harding University at Searcy with a bachelor's degree in economics/management.
After a five-year stint with NBC as vice president of leasing, he went to work for First Security Bank of Searcy as vice president of lending.
The White County native worked at First Security Bank until he left in 1994 to acquire his own business.
When that deal fell through, Barber returned to banking, joining First Arkansas Bank & Trust in Jacksonville. He is senior vice president and chief credit officer at the bank.
He is a 1998 recipient of the Outstanding Young Men of America Award. His civic and volunteer work includes serving as a board member at White County Group Homes and a youth sports coach.
- Arkansas Business Wrote About Police Investigating Richard Johns in 2012
- PTI to Provide Projection Mapping on Old State House for LR Film Festival
- Report: US Truckers Generated Record $700B in Revenue Last Year
- Update: Little Rock Clinic, Pharmacy Raided in Prescription Drug Crackdown 6 days ago
- Someone's Son Is Dead (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 1 day ago
- Epoch Men's Clinic Expanding in Arkansas 1 week ago
- Rod Ford's XCelerate Capital Acquires Bourbon & Boots 2 weeks ago
- Arkansas Best Corp. Changing Its Name to ArcBest Corp. 1 year ago