Executive Vice President
Waschka Capital Investments
Tom CarlsonTom Carlson was on his way to an engineering degree from Iowa State University at Ames, but a field trip his junior year caused him to decide the engineering workplace wasn't for him.
Instead, Carlson channeled his love of numbers into a new major: finance. "I have always liked math," the 36-year-old said.
In 1993, Carlson joined John Hancock Financial Services in West Des Moines, Iowa. In Des Moines, he moved to Smith Barney as an investment consulting analyst from 1994-97 and LMC Co. as a portfolio manager from 1997-99.
Carlson, who grew up in Grinnell, Iowa, came to Little Rock in 1999 as a vice president and portfolio manager with Banc of America Capital Management. He also served as a team leader of the Little Rock private bank investments office.
In 2004, Carlson was hired by Waschka Capital Investments, now a division of Metropolitan National Bank. He serves as executive vice president, treasurer and senior portfolio manager with the firm.
His volunteer résumé includes work with Habitat for Humanity, Big Brothers, the Arthritis Foundation of Arkansas, the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Arkansas and the Central Arkansas Rescue Effort.
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- Home BancShares Eyes Another Florida Bank, Expects More Acquisitions 6 hours ago
- Shoe Company Munro Laying Off 56 in Hot Springs 6 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Jumps Into the Money Transfer Business, Loudly 2 hours ago
- Attorney General Rejects Wording of Proposal to Make Alcohol Sales Legal Througout Arkansas 2 hours ago
- Wildlife Refuge to be Renamed After Dale Bumpers 2 hours ago