Executive Vice President
Waschka Capital Investments
Tom CarlsonTom Carlson was on his way to an engineering degree from Iowa State University at Ames, but a field trip his junior year caused him to decide the engineering workplace wasn't for him.
Instead, Carlson channeled his love of numbers into a new major: finance. "I have always liked math," the 36-year-old said.
In 1993, Carlson joined John Hancock Financial Services in West Des Moines, Iowa. In Des Moines, he moved to Smith Barney as an investment consulting analyst from 1994-97 and LMC Co. as a portfolio manager from 1997-99.
Carlson, who grew up in Grinnell, Iowa, came to Little Rock in 1999 as a vice president and portfolio manager with Banc of America Capital Management. He also served as a team leader of the Little Rock private bank investments office.
In 2004, Carlson was hired by Waschka Capital Investments, now a division of Metropolitan National Bank. He serves as executive vice president, treasurer and senior portfolio manager with the firm.
His volunteer résumé includes work with Habitat for Humanity, Big Brothers, the Arthritis Foundation of Arkansas, the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Arkansas and the Central Arkansas Rescue Effort.
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Video: Watch Tom Cotton's Republican National Convention Speech
- Bank of the Ozarks Seals 2 Deals, Is Biggest in Arkansas by Assets 1 day ago
- Don Soderquist, Former Wal-Mart COO, Dies at 82 1 day ago
- Foreclosure Hearing Delayed Amid Possible Main Street Lofts Sale 1 day ago
- Hugg & Hall Purchases RPM Services & Rentals of Louisiana 2 days ago
- Little Rock Tech Park Board Votes to End Lease at Markham Street 1 week ago