Cornerstone Insurance Group
Joe CarterConversation during a church ski trip helped reroute Joe Carter's career track. The Little Rock native was weighing a job offer from Xerox when the topic shifted to the insurance business.
"One thing led to another," Carter said.
In 1995, he joined Little Rock's Newell & Co. as a benefits specialist and two years later moved to Guardian Life Insurance Co., rising to Little Rock district manager.
In 2001, Guardian named Carter regional group pension specialist in Birmingham, Ala. He left Alabama in 2002 to become vice president of marketing for Sherwood-based Delta Dental Plan of Arkansas.
Carter was hired as vice president of sales and marketing with NovaSys Health in 2003. In 2005, he formed his own firm, Cornerstone Insurance Group.
Over the years, Carter has taught employee benefits classes as an instructor at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. The Little Rock native graduated from UALR in 1993 with a bachelor's degree in communications with an emphasis in management.
Carter served in the Arkansas Air National Guard from 1988-97, ending his military stint as a crew chief on F-16 fighters. The 37-year-old supports the Arkansas Foodbank Network and is an active volunteer for Camp Aldersgate.
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Startup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- In South Arkansas, Solar Power Is Hot 11 hours ago
- Arkansas State University to Expand Football Stadium 13 hours ago
- Home Prices: Luxury and Otherwise 5 days ago
- Central Arkansas Office Sector on Slow But Positive Curve 5 days ago
- TV Academy Chapter to Honor Pitcock, Foley, Long and Short 2 days ago