Cornerstone Insurance Group
Joe CarterConversation during a church ski trip helped reroute Joe Carter's career track. The Little Rock native was weighing a job offer from Xerox when the topic shifted to the insurance business.
"One thing led to another," Carter said.
In 1995, he joined Little Rock's Newell & Co. as a benefits specialist and two years later moved to Guardian Life Insurance Co., rising to Little Rock district manager.
In 2001, Guardian named Carter regional group pension specialist in Birmingham, Ala. He left Alabama in 2002 to become vice president of marketing for Sherwood-based Delta Dental Plan of Arkansas.
Carter was hired as vice president of sales and marketing with NovaSys Health in 2003. In 2005, he formed his own firm, Cornerstone Insurance Group.
Over the years, Carter has taught employee benefits classes as an instructor at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. The Little Rock native graduated from UALR in 1993 with a bachelor's degree in communications with an emphasis in management.
Carter served in the Arkansas Air National Guard from 1988-97, ending his military stint as a crew chief on F-16 fighters. The 37-year-old supports the Arkansas Foodbank Network and is an active volunteer for Camp Aldersgate.
- Video: Here's How I-30 Would Look After Widening
- Report: Alice Walton Is Selling Out of the Cutting Horse Business
- Crittenden County Voters OK Tax Increase to Reopen Hospital
- Lawsuit, Liens Hit Scott Reed's Main Street Projects 23 hours ago
- State Chamber Investigation Follows Resignation of SVP Susie Marks 23 hours ago
- Chef Lee Richardson May Be Ready to 'Cache' In 23 hours ago
- Little Rock Warehouse Sells for Almost $1.8M (Real Deals) 23 hours ago
- J.B. Hunt Sues Software Company 23 hours ago