President and Owner
Profit Publishing Group Inc.
J.J. ChildersJ.J. Childers, 36, always wanted to be a teacher. Following the lead of his father, who worked in real estate investing before teaching it, Childers went to law school intent on someday educating small-business owners.
He earned a bachelor's degree from Harding University at Searcy in 1992, then a law degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
After school, he landed his first teaching job with Seattle-based Wade Cook Financial Corp., where he taught individual investors and small-business owners about tax and asset protection planning.
He left the company in 1998 and a year later formed his own company, Profit Publishing Group Inc. of Little Rock, which produces and markets educational materials for small businesses and investors.
More than 3,000 people have attended his workshops, and he has clients in almost every state.
Childers said he particularly enjoys "bringing difficult-to-understand information to the masses."
Childers also is involved in real estate, building a handful of Chenal Valley homes and developing about a dozen commercial properties since the late 1990s.
He is an active member of Chenal Valley Church, where he has served as a teacher, ministry leader, deacon and chairman of the board of trustees.
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Windstream Cuts 21 Jobs in Arkansas 1 day ago
- Menguin of Fayetteville Sold for $25M 1 day ago
- Marshall Saviers on What's Missing from Northwest Arkansas' Growth Experience 5 days ago
- Multifamily Trio Add Up to $21.9M Transaction (Real Deals) 5 days ago
- Del Monte Foods Sells Sager Creek, Siloam Springs Plant Closes 2 days ago