President and Owner
Profit Publishing Group Inc.
J.J. ChildersJ.J. Childers, 36, always wanted to be a teacher. Following the lead of his father, who worked in real estate investing before teaching it, Childers went to law school intent on someday educating small-business owners.
He earned a bachelor's degree from Harding University at Searcy in 1992, then a law degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
After school, he landed his first teaching job with Seattle-based Wade Cook Financial Corp., where he taught individual investors and small-business owners about tax and asset protection planning.
He left the company in 1998 and a year later formed his own company, Profit Publishing Group Inc. of Little Rock, which produces and markets educational materials for small businesses and investors.
More than 3,000 people have attended his workshops, and he has clients in almost every state.
Childers said he particularly enjoys "bringing difficult-to-understand information to the masses."
Childers also is involved in real estate, building a handful of Chenal Valley homes and developing about a dozen commercial properties since the late 1990s.
He is an active member of Chenal Valley Church, where he has served as a teacher, ministry leader, deacon and chairman of the board of trustees.
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas 10 hours ago
- Turner Grain Merchandising Files $25M Bankruptcy 6 hours ago
- Turner Grain Collapse Prompts Legislation 7 hours ago
- University of Arkansas Alumna Gives $600k to Alma Mater 1 day ago
- Home BancShares Completes Purchase of Broward Financial 9 hours ago