C. Ann Fleming
The Fleming Cos.
C. Ann FlemingC. Ann Fleming — she's called "C. Ann" — has worked for the commercial electrical subcontractor company her father founded since she was a teenager. Growing into the role of CEO was so natural that now she's not even sure when she got the title, but it's been close to 10 years.
Fleming Electric was founded by Lorin Fleming in 1977 and was followed by Fleming Electronic in 1995 and Fleming Network Services in 1998. C. Ann Fleming is the top executive of all three companies, which are operated separately because they provide very different services and have employees with very different skill sets.
Fleming Electronic does power analysis for industrial settings, and Fleming Network Services provides the cables and wiring for computer networks.
But they all have one thing in common: customers who need things to work on time and on budget.
"My biggest role is to make sure that the customers are taken care of, first and foremost, and are happy," Fleming, 39, said. "When you've got 200 employees and thousands of customers, it takes a team to run an operation like this. And our team is superb. There are people who have been here 15-plus years, and I'm lucky to be surrounded by them."
- After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Cogswell Motors Owner, Wife Found Dead 2 days ago
- Coulson Oil to Build New Headquarters in NorthShore Business Park 15 hours ago
- Hooters Set to Open in May 4 days ago
- Alliance Insurance Agents Surprised by AID Order; Plan to Buy Insolvent Agency 2 days ago
- Insurance Agent Berry Bishop Accused of Fraud, Misuse of Premium 3 days ago