Director of Human Resources
J.B. Hunt Transport Services Inc.
Rick GeorgeSpringdale native Rick George, son of poultry pioneer Luther George and Helen George, started working part-time in the human resources department of J.B. Hunt Transport Services Inc. while attending the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville.
After graduating with a marketing degree in 1989, he went to work as personnel manager, then became benefits manager and, in 1997, became manager of the company's Human Resources Management Systems, where he's now director.
He has been a key person in developing programs to reduce paperwork and give J.B. Hunt employees online access to all their information. "Employees need to know what is going on," George said.
George was not yet 2 years old when his father died, so he strives to be as healthy as he can for his family and also make a difference in helping others. He worked on a team to create a Better Health For Life program to help employees achieve a healthy lifestyle and teaches group fitness classes at the Fayetteville Athletic Club.
The 39-year-old has served on the Northwest Medical Center Community Development Council and the Springdale Schools Alumni Foundation, and he has worked on starting Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwest Arkansas.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins in Chorus Against Religious Protection Bill
- Video: Mavis Lindsey on the Closure of Lindsey's Resort
- Mike Beebe Joins Roberts Law Firm of Little Rock
- Arkansas Lawmaker Urges Ban on California Wine Over Egg Law 2 days ago
- Harps Sherwood Store Delayed by Dunkin' Donuts Details 6 days ago
- Indiana Officials Look to Stem Fallout From Religious Objections Law 1 day ago
- Harold Boldt Is Resigning as Texarkana City Manager 4 days ago
- Windstream Board Gives Final Approval for REIT 3 days ago