Director of Human Resources
J.B. Hunt Transport Services Inc.
Rick GeorgeSpringdale native Rick George, son of poultry pioneer Luther George and Helen George, started working part-time in the human resources department of J.B. Hunt Transport Services Inc. while attending the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville.
After graduating with a marketing degree in 1989, he went to work as personnel manager, then became benefits manager and, in 1997, became manager of the company's Human Resources Management Systems, where he's now director.
He has been a key person in developing programs to reduce paperwork and give J.B. Hunt employees online access to all their information. "Employees need to know what is going on," George said.
George was not yet 2 years old when his father died, so he strives to be as healthy as he can for his family and also make a difference in helping others. He worked on a team to create a Better Health For Life program to help employees achieve a healthy lifestyle and teaches group fitness classes at the Fayetteville Athletic Club.
The 39-year-old has served on the Northwest Medical Center Community Development Council and the Springdale Schools Alumni Foundation, and he has worked on starting Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwest Arkansas.
- Report: Wal-Mart CFO Claims 'Very Good Sales' Lately
- Report: Queen Wilhelmina Delays Cost $11.5M
- Watch The '60 Minutes' Report on Data Brokers Here
- J.B. Hunt CEO John Roberts Paid $4M in 2013 15 hours ago
- $16M Renovation Planned For Downtown Little Rock Marriott 16 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Atlanta Hawks' Joe Johnson Rides Up High in His Super Truck 6 years ago
- Underground Tunnels Challenge Hot Springs Engineers from Past to Present 1 month ago