Orion Capital Partners
J.C. HalsellFor J.C. Halsell, starting a development company at age 31 was both "exciting and scary."
After graduating with a business degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Halsell began his career in commercial real estate in 2000 with an internship for John Flake at Flake & Kelley Commercial.
In 2005, the Little Rock native partnered with Flake and Brock Martin to start Orion Capital Partners to include retail, office and multifamily developments. In its first year alone, Orion developed more than $50 million in real estate projects in central Arkansas.
"We've been very lucky since the start," Halsell said. Orion currently is developing 50 acres in Cabot across from Greystone Country Club and high-rise condominiums in North Little Rock.
Halsell serves on the board of directors of the Centers for Youth & Families Foundation. He was the chairman for the Centers Classic golf tournament and was also part of the fundraising committee for the First Tee of Arkansas.
His key to success has been surrounding himself with good people and learning from them.
"I enjoy the work I do because of the freedom…and seeing the projects I'm working on," Halsell said. "It's a learning experience every day."
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Dromborg Castle in Fayetteville for Sale — for $9.7M 1 day ago
- After Boom in Shale, Arkansas Gas Industry Faces Halt in Drilling 1 day ago
- KARN Reporter Donna Kelley Dies at 66 19 hours ago
- Stephen Curry and Nike's PowerPoint Blunder (Jim Karrh On Marketing) 1 day ago
- Political Strategist Noelle Nikpours' Racy Website Replaced 8 years ago