Orion Capital Partners
J.C. HalsellFor J.C. Halsell, starting a development company at age 31 was both "exciting and scary."
After graduating with a business degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Halsell began his career in commercial real estate in 2000 with an internship for John Flake at Flake & Kelley Commercial.
In 2005, the Little Rock native partnered with Flake and Brock Martin to start Orion Capital Partners to include retail, office and multifamily developments. In its first year alone, Orion developed more than $50 million in real estate projects in central Arkansas.
"We've been very lucky since the start," Halsell said. Orion currently is developing 50 acres in Cabot across from Greystone Country Club and high-rise condominiums in North Little Rock.
Halsell serves on the board of directors of the Centers for Youth & Families Foundation. He was the chairman for the Centers Classic golf tournament and was also part of the fundraising committee for the First Tee of Arkansas.
His key to success has been surrounding himself with good people and learning from them.
"I enjoy the work I do because of the freedom…and seeing the projects I'm working on," Halsell said. "It's a learning experience every day."
- Soirée: Potbelly Sandwich Shop Coming to Little Rock
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- Three More Banks File Claims Against Dennis Smiley Collateral 1 day ago
- Taziki's Breaks Ground at McCain Mall in North Little Rock 5 hours ago
- Arkansas Doctors Discover the Joys Of Concierge Care 4 days ago
- Wal-Mart CEO Doug McMillon Gets $25.6M Pay Package 22 hours ago
- Soirée: Potbelly Sandwich Shop Coming to Little Rock 1 day ago