Orion Capital Partners
J.C. HalsellFor J.C. Halsell, starting a development company at age 31 was both "exciting and scary."
After graduating with a business degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Halsell began his career in commercial real estate in 2000 with an internship for John Flake at Flake & Kelley Commercial.
In 2005, the Little Rock native partnered with Flake and Brock Martin to start Orion Capital Partners to include retail, office and multifamily developments. In its first year alone, Orion developed more than $50 million in real estate projects in central Arkansas.
"We've been very lucky since the start," Halsell said. Orion currently is developing 50 acres in Cabot across from Greystone Country Club and high-rise condominiums in North Little Rock.
Halsell serves on the board of directors of the Centers for Youth & Families Foundation. He was the chairman for the Centers Classic golf tournament and was also part of the fundraising committee for the First Tee of Arkansas.
His key to success has been surrounding himself with good people and learning from them.
"I enjoy the work I do because of the freedom…and seeing the projects I'm working on," Halsell said. "It's a learning experience every day."
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Video: Watch Tom Cotton's Republican National Convention Speech
- Chambers Bank Lands $2 Million Golden Judgment 2 days ago
- Baptist Health Sets Opening In Conway 2 days ago
- Obsessing Over Plagiarism (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- Gaillardia Club Woes Spawned Phil Herrington Bankruptcy 2 days ago
- At Least One Offer Pending on John Rogers Lakewood Mansion in NLR 2 days ago