Orion Capital Partners
J.C. HalsellFor J.C. Halsell, starting a development company at age 31 was both "exciting and scary."
After graduating with a business degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Halsell began his career in commercial real estate in 2000 with an internship for John Flake at Flake & Kelley Commercial.
In 2005, the Little Rock native partnered with Flake and Brock Martin to start Orion Capital Partners to include retail, office and multifamily developments. In its first year alone, Orion developed more than $50 million in real estate projects in central Arkansas.
"We've been very lucky since the start," Halsell said. Orion currently is developing 50 acres in Cabot across from Greystone Country Club and high-rise condominiums in North Little Rock.
Halsell serves on the board of directors of the Centers for Youth & Families Foundation. He was the chairman for the Centers Classic golf tournament and was also part of the fundraising committee for the First Tee of Arkansas.
His key to success has been surrounding himself with good people and learning from them.
"I enjoy the work I do because of the freedom…and seeing the projects I'm working on," Halsell said. "It's a learning experience every day."
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- Outlets at Little Rock Developer Talks Construction, Tenants, Impact 3 days ago
- Wal-Mart Investment in Solar Energy Transforms Industry 2 weeks ago
- First Arkansas Bank Wins $14.5M Default Judgment Against John Rogers 2 days ago
- Arkansas Baptist Gets $30M to Repay Debt, Get Back on Track 6 days ago
- With China Venture in Rearview Mirror, Mark McLarty Turns Efforts Home 3 days ago