Partner, Arthur Hart & Co.
Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, The McLarty Cos.
Paul HartPaul Hart says his mentors are his father, Arthur Hart, and his boss, Thomas "Mack" McLarty — so he works with both of them.
"I feel fortunate and blessed," he said.
Although still a partner with his dad in the Arthur Hart & Co. accounting firm, Hart spends the majority of his time overseeing the finances of the growing McLarty Cos.
After getting an accounting degree from Texas Christian University at Fort Worth in 1991, Hart spent five years with Ernst & Young in Fort Worth and then a year and a half in E&Y's London office. He got a master's degree in accounting at the University of Texas and then moved back to Little Rock to work with his father in 1997.
While focusing on taxes and small-business consulting, he started working with McLarty and the relationship grew.
He serves on the board of Arkansas Children's Hospital and on its finance committee and has served on the business advisory board at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock and on the board of the St. Vincent Foundation.
The 37-year-old has been instrumental in building up many enterprises through his work with McLarty Cos.
- Sam's Club, Dillard's Make Consumer Reports Naughty & Nice List
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Video: ARK Challenge Concludes Fourth Run in Little Rock
- Gov.-elect Asa Hutchinson Begins Bureaucrat Shuffle 16 hours ago
- Red Lobsters Serve Up $8.4M Transaction (Real Deals) 16 hours ago
- Fayetteville Anti-bias Ordinance Splits City, Chamber 16 hours ago
- Steele Stephens Could Still Face Fines over Shoffner Bribes 16 hours ago
- Mike Beebe Appoints 26 to State Boards, Commissions 5 hours ago