Partner, Arthur Hart & Co.
Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, The McLarty Cos.
Paul HartPaul Hart says his mentors are his father, Arthur Hart, and his boss, Thomas "Mack" McLarty — so he works with both of them.
"I feel fortunate and blessed," he said.
Although still a partner with his dad in the Arthur Hart & Co. accounting firm, Hart spends the majority of his time overseeing the finances of the growing McLarty Cos.
After getting an accounting degree from Texas Christian University at Fort Worth in 1991, Hart spent five years with Ernst & Young in Fort Worth and then a year and a half in E&Y's London office. He got a master's degree in accounting at the University of Texas and then moved back to Little Rock to work with his father in 1997.
While focusing on taxes and small-business consulting, he started working with McLarty and the relationship grew.
He serves on the board of Arkansas Children's Hospital and on its finance committee and has served on the business advisory board at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock and on the board of the St. Vincent Foundation.
The 37-year-old has been instrumental in building up many enterprises through his work with McLarty Cos.
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- Wal-Mart Investment in Solar Energy Transforms Industry 2 weeks ago
- Outlets at Little Rock Developer Talks Construction, Tenants, Impact 3 days ago
- First Arkansas Bank Wins $14.5M Default Judgment Against John Rogers 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- With China Venture in Rearview Mirror, Mark McLarty Turns Efforts Home 3 days ago