Partner, Arthur Hart & Co.
Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, The McLarty Cos.
Paul HartPaul Hart says his mentors are his father, Arthur Hart, and his boss, Thomas "Mack" McLarty — so he works with both of them.
"I feel fortunate and blessed," he said.
Although still a partner with his dad in the Arthur Hart & Co. accounting firm, Hart spends the majority of his time overseeing the finances of the growing McLarty Cos.
After getting an accounting degree from Texas Christian University at Fort Worth in 1991, Hart spent five years with Ernst & Young in Fort Worth and then a year and a half in E&Y's London office. He got a master's degree in accounting at the University of Texas and then moved back to Little Rock to work with his father in 1997.
While focusing on taxes and small-business consulting, he started working with McLarty and the relationship grew.
He serves on the board of Arkansas Children's Hospital and on its finance committee and has served on the business advisory board at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock and on the board of the St. Vincent Foundation.
The 37-year-old has been instrumental in building up many enterprises through his work with McLarty Cos.
- At Conference, Tyson Foods Touts Stable Earnings, Sales Growth
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- ESP Confirms Jefferson County Site For $3B Project, Citing Easement Success 2 days ago
- Business Opponents Say Legalizing Medical Marijuana Unsafe, Would Drive Away Jobs 1 day ago
- Little Rock TEDx Event to Focus on 'New Beginnings' 11 hours ago
- Brenda Montgomery Gets 57 Months in Prison for Lawrence County Bank Theft 6 hours ago
- Federal Judge Blocks Arkansas Planned Parenthood Defunding 6 hours ago