Chief of Staff
Arkansas Attorney General's Office
Colette HonorableColette Honorable was heading into a career in business when her dad and other relatives told her they thought she would make a good lawyer. She took a criminal justice class at Memphis State University (now the University of Memphis) and was hooked.
The 36-year-old Little Rock native is now the chief of staff for Attorney General Mike Beebe and oversees public affairs, scheduling and constituent services.
She also has served on the office's legislative team since 2001. Honorable has been assistant attorney general in the consumer and civil litigation departments and senior assistant attorney general for Medicaid fraud.
Before joining the attorney general's office in 1999, Honorable was a staff attorney for the Center for Arkansas Legal Services and an assistant public defender in Jefferson County.
Outside of the office, Honorable has been the president of the W. Harold Flowers Law Society, which has 200 members, and served as secretary-treasurer of the Henry Woods Inn of Court.
Honorable also serves on the boards of Arkansas Cares and Positive Atmosphere Reaches Kids and is the president of the board of the Central High Museum Inc.
She said her parents taught her to "help family and friends and to treat people the way we wanted to be treated."
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- Prudent Planning Pays Off for Cooper Communities 3 days ago
- Allen Kerr Named Insurance Commissioner, Sheila Sharp Retained as Community Correction Director 6 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Investment in Solar Energy Transforms Industry 1 week ago
- Asa Hutchinson Will Replace Heath Abshure at Securities Department 1 day ago
- Plans for Osteopathic School on A-State Campus Rejected, Officials Will Try Again 2 days ago