Stephen l. LaFrance Jr.
Executive Vice President
Stephen l. LaFrance Jr.Stephen LaFrance Jr. began working summers in the Pine Bluff warehouse of USA Drug as a 13-year-old. He joined the company, founded by his father, full-time in 1993 after graduating from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville with a degree in finance.
"I always felt like I would work in the family business," LaFrance, 34, said.
After college, he worked in sales with the firm's wholesale generic pharmaceutical distribution business, part of SAJ Distributors.
In 1996, the Pine Bluff native became vice president of acquisitions and worked on the 1997 purchase and integration of Super D Drugs Inc., an 87-store chain based in Memphis.
Promotions to oversee the company's accounting, finance and real estate operations and the executive vice presidency followed.
In 2003, he and his brother, Jason, bought the five-store Medicate Pharmacy chain in Farmington, Mo. The brothers own the business but operate the stores under the USA Drug banner.
During 2003-04, LaFrance was heavily involved in the tandem negotiations and acquisitions of two Tulsa-based chains: 39-store May's Drug Stores Inc. and 22-store Med-X.
- At Conference, Tyson Foods Touts Stable Earnings, Sales Growth
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- What Commuters Can Expect When the Broadway Bridge Closes Wednesday 11 hours ago
- UAMS Cures RxResults' One-Sided Contract 2 days ago
- Clean Line Meets Resistance from Arkansas Lawmakers 2 days ago
- Latin Dance Club To Take Lead on Juanita's River Market Space 2 days ago
- Community First Bancshares Price Tag Rises to $77M In Equity Deal 2 days ago