Stephen l. LaFrance Jr.
Executive Vice President
Stephen l. LaFrance Jr.Stephen LaFrance Jr. began working summers in the Pine Bluff warehouse of USA Drug as a 13-year-old. He joined the company, founded by his father, full-time in 1993 after graduating from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville with a degree in finance.
"I always felt like I would work in the family business," LaFrance, 34, said.
After college, he worked in sales with the firm's wholesale generic pharmaceutical distribution business, part of SAJ Distributors.
In 1996, the Pine Bluff native became vice president of acquisitions and worked on the 1997 purchase and integration of Super D Drugs Inc., an 87-store chain based in Memphis.
Promotions to oversee the company's accounting, finance and real estate operations and the executive vice presidency followed.
In 2003, he and his brother, Jason, bought the five-store Medicate Pharmacy chain in Farmington, Mo. The brothers own the business but operate the stores under the USA Drug banner.
During 2003-04, LaFrance was heavily involved in the tandem negotiations and acquisitions of two Tulsa-based chains: 39-store May's Drug Stores Inc. and 22-store Med-X.
- Bloomberg: Wal-Mart Looking to Rein In Expenses
- Memphis' Soul Fish Cafe Headed to Little Rock
- Tom Dalton: ARK Challenge Will Continue
- Little Rock's Original Fern Bar: How Buster's Birthed Dave & Buster's 2 days ago
- USA Truck Executive Leaves Company to Stay in Dallas 23 hours ago
- Ex-LR Schools Chief Dexter Suggs Loses Doctorate Amid Plagiarism Question 6 hours ago
- First National Bank of Lawrence County Bilked of at Least $3.9M 1 day ago
- John James Looks to Make New Mark With Hayseed 2 days ago