Stephen l. LaFrance Jr.
Executive Vice President
Stephen l. LaFrance Jr.Stephen LaFrance Jr. began working summers in the Pine Bluff warehouse of USA Drug as a 13-year-old. He joined the company, founded by his father, full-time in 1993 after graduating from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville with a degree in finance.
"I always felt like I would work in the family business," LaFrance, 34, said.
After college, he worked in sales with the firm's wholesale generic pharmaceutical distribution business, part of SAJ Distributors.
In 1996, the Pine Bluff native became vice president of acquisitions and worked on the 1997 purchase and integration of Super D Drugs Inc., an 87-store chain based in Memphis.
Promotions to oversee the company's accounting, finance and real estate operations and the executive vice presidency followed.
In 2003, he and his brother, Jason, bought the five-store Medicate Pharmacy chain in Farmington, Mo. The brothers own the business but operate the stores under the USA Drug banner.
During 2003-04, LaFrance was heavily involved in the tandem negotiations and acquisitions of two Tulsa-based chains: 39-store May's Drug Stores Inc. and 22-store Med-X.
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Simmons First Eyes Downtown Acxiom Building in Little Rock 16 hours ago
- Simmons, Home BancShares Set To Vault Into $10B Club 16 hours ago
- John Goodson To Defend Himself at Circuit Court of Appeals 16 hours ago
- Cameron Smith & Associates Expanding 16 hours ago
- Two Financial Centre Draws $11.3M Sale (Real Deals) 16 hours ago