Stephen l. LaFrance Jr.
Executive Vice President
Stephen l. LaFrance Jr.Stephen LaFrance Jr. began working summers in the Pine Bluff warehouse of USA Drug as a 13-year-old. He joined the company, founded by his father, full-time in 1993 after graduating from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville with a degree in finance.
"I always felt like I would work in the family business," LaFrance, 34, said.
After college, he worked in sales with the firm's wholesale generic pharmaceutical distribution business, part of SAJ Distributors.
In 1996, the Pine Bluff native became vice president of acquisitions and worked on the 1997 purchase and integration of Super D Drugs Inc., an 87-store chain based in Memphis.
Promotions to oversee the company's accounting, finance and real estate operations and the executive vice presidency followed.
In 2003, he and his brother, Jason, bought the five-store Medicate Pharmacy chain in Farmington, Mo. The brothers own the business but operate the stores under the USA Drug banner.
During 2003-04, LaFrance was heavily involved in the tandem negotiations and acquisitions of two Tulsa-based chains: 39-store May's Drug Stores Inc. and 22-store Med-X.
- Kevin Delaney Back on 'Tonight Show' on Nov. 7
- Bentonville's Transformation Subject of Ad Age Spotlight
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Tom Cotton, Asa Hutchinson Lead Big in Arkansas Poll 1 day ago
- Newk's Eatery Expanding to Northwest Arkansas 1 day ago
- ProLand Title Buys Arkansas County Title of Stuttgart 3 hours ago
- John Glasgow to Dillard's: ‘Call Off the Dogs' 7 months ago
- Chris Christie Visits Arkansas to Tout GOP Candidates 4 hours ago