Regional Vice President, Design and Real Estate
Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
Kimberly LaneIn 1999, Kimberly Lane became the first woman director and assistant vice president in Wal-Mart Store Inc.'s real estate department.
For six years she managed a team of 13 charged with opening at least 75 stores a year. Lane exceeded her goals by opening between 85 and 95 stores a year, representing more than 40 million SF of retail space.
In 2005, Lane was promoted to regional vice president for the design and real estate department.
Lane started working for Wal-Mart after she graduated from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville in 1989 with a bachelor's degree in business administration, real estate and finance.
"I thought I was going to come out of college on the commercial lending side," Lane said. "I thought I was going to be the banker who gave the developers the money for their shopping centers."
Lane, 39, is on the board of the Northwest Arkansas Children's Shelter and the board of trustees for Central United Methodist Church in Rogers.
"If you maintain your integrity, be true to yourself and work hard…then you'll be appropriately recognized in business," Lane said. "But then I believe once you've done that it's important to give back to the community."
- Bentonville's Transformation Subject of Ad Age Spotlight
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Tom Cotton, Asa Hutchinson Lead Big in Arkansas Poll 13 hours ago
- Dennis Smiley's Wife Cynthia Files Chapter 7 Bankruptcy 1 day ago
- Brandon Barber Sentenced to 65 Months in Prison for Fraud, Money Laundering 2 days ago
- The Real Deficit Problem (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 4 days ago
- Simmons Foods to Close Northeast Oklahoma Poultry Plant 15 hours ago