Regional Vice President, Design and Real Estate
Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
Kimberly LaneIn 1999, Kimberly Lane became the first woman director and assistant vice president in Wal-Mart Store Inc.'s real estate department.
For six years she managed a team of 13 charged with opening at least 75 stores a year. Lane exceeded her goals by opening between 85 and 95 stores a year, representing more than 40 million SF of retail space.
In 2005, Lane was promoted to regional vice president for the design and real estate department.
Lane started working for Wal-Mart after she graduated from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville in 1989 with a bachelor's degree in business administration, real estate and finance.
"I thought I was going to come out of college on the commercial lending side," Lane said. "I thought I was going to be the banker who gave the developers the money for their shopping centers."
Lane, 39, is on the board of the Northwest Arkansas Children's Shelter and the board of trustees for Central United Methodist Church in Rogers.
"If you maintain your integrity, be true to yourself and work hard…then you'll be appropriately recognized in business," Lane said. "But then I believe once you've done that it's important to give back to the community."
- At Conference, Tyson Foods Touts Stable Earnings, Sales Growth
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- ESP Confirms Jefferson County Site For $3B Project, Citing Easement Success 1 day ago
- What Commuters Can Expect When the Broadway Bridge Closes Wednesday 1 day ago
- Solar Power On the Rise in Arkansas 3 days ago
- UAMS Cures RxResults' One-Sided Contract 3 days ago
- Clean Line Meets Resistance from Arkansas Lawmakers 3 days ago