Regional Vice President, Design and Real Estate
Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
Kimberly LaneIn 1999, Kimberly Lane became the first woman director and assistant vice president in Wal-Mart Store Inc.'s real estate department.
For six years she managed a team of 13 charged with opening at least 75 stores a year. Lane exceeded her goals by opening between 85 and 95 stores a year, representing more than 40 million SF of retail space.
In 2005, Lane was promoted to regional vice president for the design and real estate department.
Lane started working for Wal-Mart after she graduated from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville in 1989 with a bachelor's degree in business administration, real estate and finance.
"I thought I was going to come out of college on the commercial lending side," Lane said. "I thought I was going to be the banker who gave the developers the money for their shopping centers."
Lane, 39, is on the board of the Northwest Arkansas Children's Shelter and the board of trustees for Central United Methodist Church in Rogers.
"If you maintain your integrity, be true to yourself and work hard…then you'll be appropriately recognized in business," Lane said. "But then I believe once you've done that it's important to give back to the community."
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- Insurance Agent Josh Casada Accused of Taking $205,000 in Premiums 2 days ago
- After Fiscal Chaos, Arkansas Baptist Reverses 2016 Hire 2 days ago
- Riggs Estate Gives $1.8M to Arkansas Symphony Orchestra 9 hours ago
- Lawsuit Against Fayetteville's Spa810 Picks Up Steam 2 days ago
- Former U.S. Attorney Conner Eldridge Forms New Rogers Law Firm 2 days ago