John R. Monroe
Vice President of Professional Banking Division
Metropolitan National Bank
John R. MonroeA career in law seemed like the practical route for John Monroe to take. After all, his father, sister and brother-in-law are all attorneys in Little Rock.
Monroe, 38, had every intention of being a lawyer while completing a history degree at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville and then a law degree at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
"I thought I would always practice law," Monroe said.
After a job in Washington, D.C., working for the U.S. Senate Daily Press Gallery, Monroe landed an internship in the office of Sen. David Pryor in 1994 and covered banking issues. And that experience led him in a new direction.
The Little Rock native began his banking career at Bank of America in the institutional banking division. But looking for a change in 2004, he came to Metropolitan National Bank as vice president of professional banking and now manages a loan portfolio in excess of $25 million.
Monroe is a deacon at Second Presbyterian Church in Little Rock and serves on the Young Adult Ministry team. He recently finished a six-year term on the March of Dimes state executive committee, including three years as treasurer.
He also coaches his son's T-ball team.
- Bloomberg: Tyson Nearing Deal To Buy McDonald's Chicken Nugget Supplier
- Watch Video of the Arkansas Marijuana Commission Meeting Here
- Reuters: Acxiom Near Deal to Sell Marketing Solutions Unit for $2.2B
- SPONSORED: Enhancing The Health Of Your Brain 2 days ago
- City: Amazon to Open Distribution Center In North Little Rock 5 days ago
- Historic Makeover En Route to Iconic Arlington Hotel 7 days ago
- First Orion Breaks Ground On $10M Argenta Headquarters 3 days ago
- Trust Planning Smooths Way for Survivors 7 days ago