John R. Monroe
Vice President of Professional Banking Division
Metropolitan National Bank
John R. MonroeA career in law seemed like the practical route for John Monroe to take. After all, his father, sister and brother-in-law are all attorneys in Little Rock.
Monroe, 38, had every intention of being a lawyer while completing a history degree at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville and then a law degree at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
"I thought I would always practice law," Monroe said.
After a job in Washington, D.C., working for the U.S. Senate Daily Press Gallery, Monroe landed an internship in the office of Sen. David Pryor in 1994 and covered banking issues. And that experience led him in a new direction.
The Little Rock native began his banking career at Bank of America in the institutional banking division. But looking for a change in 2004, he came to Metropolitan National Bank as vice president of professional banking and now manages a loan portfolio in excess of $25 million.
Monroe is a deacon at Second Presbyterian Church in Little Rock and serves on the Young Adult Ministry team. He recently finished a six-year term on the March of Dimes state executive committee, including three years as treasurer.
He also coaches his son's T-ball team.
- Simmons Bank Gives $2.5M to UAPB for Athletics
- Walmart Atop Fortune 500 List for 6th Straight Year
- Full Text of Mark Stodola's Letter Saying He Won't Seek Re-Election
- Former Windstream Execs Acquire Home Energy Rx 3 days ago
- Fitzgerald Joins LRCVB as Marketing, Communications VP 4 days ago
- State Services, including ‘MyDMV,' Get a Social Media Push 2 days ago
- Arkansas Heart Hospital Planning New Hospital, Medical Complex 4 days ago
- Political Strategist Noelle Nikpours' Racy Website Replaced 1 decade ago