John R. Monroe
Vice President of Professional Banking Division
Metropolitan National Bank
John R. MonroeA career in law seemed like the practical route for John Monroe to take. After all, his father, sister and brother-in-law are all attorneys in Little Rock.
Monroe, 38, had every intention of being a lawyer while completing a history degree at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville and then a law degree at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
"I thought I would always practice law," Monroe said.
After a job in Washington, D.C., working for the U.S. Senate Daily Press Gallery, Monroe landed an internship in the office of Sen. David Pryor in 1994 and covered banking issues. And that experience led him in a new direction.
The Little Rock native began his banking career at Bank of America in the institutional banking division. But looking for a change in 2004, he came to Metropolitan National Bank as vice president of professional banking and now manages a loan portfolio in excess of $25 million.
Monroe is a deacon at Second Presbyterian Church in Little Rock and serves on the Young Adult Ministry team. He recently finished a six-year term on the March of Dimes state executive committee, including three years as treasurer.
He also coaches his son's T-ball team.
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- ARcare CEO Steven Collier Ready to Adapt with Whatever Washington Puts in Place 1 day ago
- FIS Partners With Two Startups; 2nd FinTech Accelerator Ends 4 weeks ago
- Riceland, Producers Rice Join to Take Stake in Sage V Foods in Little Rock 2 years ago
- LittleRock.com Redesign Still Waiting to Refresh 1 day ago
- Maumelle's Modern Storage Sold for $3.3 Million 3 months ago