Prospect Steel Co.
Patrick SchueckPatrick Schueck, 33, learned well the lessons his father taught him. His dad is Tom Schueck, owner of Lexicon Inc., the holding company for Schueck Steel and Prospect Steel.
The most important lesson Patrick Schueck said he learned by example: "Do what you say you are going to do."
But he has latched onto another saying, "Play the hand that you are dealt," and the three-time cancer survivor maintains a positive attitude.
The University of Arkansas at Fayetteville civil engineering graduate has been responsible for some of Prospect Steel's biggest steel fabrication contracts — such as the expansion of the McCormick Center in Chicago, which was the single largest steel fabrication job in the country this year, worth more than $30 million and involving more than 30,000 tons of steel.
Other projects led by Schueck include the Nissan assembly plant at Jackson, Miss., and the Hyundai automotive plant at Montgomery, Ala.
He's vice chairman of the board of the Red Cross Chapter of Greater Arkansas and last year chaired its fundraising events, which brought in more than $250,000. He's on the board of the Boys and Girls Club of Little Rock and on the board of stewards for Pulaski Heights United Methodist Church.
- Soirée: Potbelly Sandwich Shop Coming to Little Rock
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- Three More Banks File Claims Against Dennis Smiley Collateral 1 day ago
- Taziki's Breaks Ground at McCain Mall in North Little Rock 11 hours ago
- Judge Tim Fox Strikes Down Arkansas Voter ID Law 4 hours ago
- Arkansas Doctors Discover the Joys Of Concierge Care 4 days ago
- Wal-Mart CEO Doug McMillon Gets $25.6M Pay Package 1 day ago