Prospect Steel Co.
Patrick SchueckPatrick Schueck, 33, learned well the lessons his father taught him. His dad is Tom Schueck, owner of Lexicon Inc., the holding company for Schueck Steel and Prospect Steel.
The most important lesson Patrick Schueck said he learned by example: "Do what you say you are going to do."
But he has latched onto another saying, "Play the hand that you are dealt," and the three-time cancer survivor maintains a positive attitude.
The University of Arkansas at Fayetteville civil engineering graduate has been responsible for some of Prospect Steel's biggest steel fabrication contracts — such as the expansion of the McCormick Center in Chicago, which was the single largest steel fabrication job in the country this year, worth more than $30 million and involving more than 30,000 tons of steel.
Other projects led by Schueck include the Nissan assembly plant at Jackson, Miss., and the Hyundai automotive plant at Montgomery, Ala.
He's vice chairman of the board of the Red Cross Chapter of Greater Arkansas and last year chaired its fundraising events, which brought in more than $250,000. He's on the board of the Boys and Girls Club of Little Rock and on the board of stewards for Pulaski Heights United Methodist Church.
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Video: Watch Tom Cotton's Republican National Convention Speech
- Baptist Health Sets Opening In Conway 2 days ago
- Chambers Bank Lands $2 Million Golden Judgment 2 days ago
- ‘Pokemon Go' and Social Marketing (Ross Cranford Expert Advice) 2 days ago
- Little Rock Doctor Robert Barrow Sentenced to 2 Years in Prison 17 hours ago
- Johnny Allison Plays Market for Gains After Brexit 'Bank Sale' 2 days ago