Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
The Common Grounds Gourmet Espresso Bar, Hog Haus Brewing Co.
Julie SillGood fortune has followed misfortune in Julie Sill's career in the restaurant game. Sill, 32, began waiting tables after a blown-out knee kept her from playing soccer at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, where she was given a full athletic scholarship.
After a few years waiting tables at various Fayetteville haunts, Sill got a management gig at Emerald Coast. Then in 1997, when Emerald Coast was going out of business, Sill had the chance to rent the space and open a restaurant of her own, The Common Grounds Gourmet Espresso Bar.
In 2004, when Ozark Brewing Co. went out of business, friends and customers urged her to take it over.
"We had a lot of community support because they didn't want (a corporate entity) to come in," Sill said.
So she opened Hog Haus Brewing Co. in the old brewery's place, just four doors down from Common Grounds. And with the help of her business partner, Kari Larson, both restaurants have become veritable Dickson Street institutions.
"The customers keep coming back because they know I'm not going to serve something that's bad," Sill said.
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- Wal-Mart Cuts About 50 Positions at Bentonville Headquarters 1 hour ago
- Arkansas Senate Panel Advances Plan for Medicaid Compromise 18 hours ago
- Innovate Arkansas Bringing Iron Yard Coding School to Little Rock 2 days ago
- Who Owns Customer Service? (Jim Karrh On Marketing) 3 days ago
- Ron Maxwell Named Deputy Tourism Director For State Parks 1 day ago